ALS Association Northern Ohio Chapter
JOB TITLE: Events Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Events and Marketing
STATUS: Full Time (40 hours per week) Non-Exempt
To provide fundraising support in line with the Chapter’s strategic plan, and coordination and support for all fundraising events in order to assure excellence in service delivery, achieve fundraising goals, assist with marketing materials and be responsible for general administrative/office duties related to events.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
– Provide support for event sponsorship relationships
– Identification of new sponsors
– Maintain and grow relationships with existing sponsors
– Manage and execute sponsorship deliverables
– Provide fulfillment reports to confirmed sponsors following events
– Assist with the design of sponsorship materials
– Provide support in the planning & execution of the Chapter’s fundraising events including, but not limited to:
Gift solicitation/peer to peer fundraising oversight
Logistics support, ordering supplies, preparing collateral materials, and tracking reports
– Pull and prepare mailing lists
– Coordination of event & office volunteers
– Public relations and communications with fundraising teams and sponsors
– Provide assistance with the preparation and management of the Walk to Defeat ALS websites and walker tools
– Provide support to the Director of Events, Executive Director, and Walk Committees for additional fundraising efforts including, but not limited to: corporate/foundation solicitations, on-line fundraising, in-kind donations, etc.
– Assist with preparing and managing the Walk to Defeat ALS websites and other walker tools.
– Provide logistical support for Community Partner Events, including One Dollar Difference, and attend CPE events as directed by the Director of Events.
– Maintain social media calendar and posts to be approved by Director of Events and shared among Chapter staff via Chapter Calendar.
– General administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to: filing, answering phones, making copies, mailings, office clean up, etc.
– Support the cultivation & stewardship of event donors in coordination with Dir. of Events
– Perform data entry of event related donations, generate thank you/acknowledgement letters and tax receipts. Assure data integrity in databases: Salsa CRM/Luminate Online.
– Maintain relationships with Chapter volunteers and coordinate volunteer schedules; recruit new volunteers for office and event support.
– Assist with other events as assigned by supervisor.
– Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years of relevant experience.
– Excellent communication skills, including clear and strong written and verbal communication skills and proven interpersonal skills, both in person and on the telephone.
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure with flexibility and accept new challenges.
– Ability to maintain an upbeat forward-facing persona at peak busy times during events.
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
– Experience with database management a plus.
– Success in managing multiple projects and deadlines, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is an absolute must.
– Will be required to travel within organization service area.
– Willingness to work evenings and weekends for special projects and events. Event attendance required except under extraordinary circumstances.
– Ability to lift and move up to 25lbs.
– Must have own reliable transportation and valid driver’s license and insurance.
– Reimbursement for mileage is at standard IRS rate.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.