Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging
Position Purpose: Institutional Advancement Coordinator
To provide direct administrative support to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement and activities of the Institutional Advancement department, primarily responsible for maintaining accurate donor records and information, and coordinating donor relations. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, and will provide assistance to the President/CEO when necessary.
Essential Areas of Responsibilities
• Provide database management for the Blackbaud e-Tapestry database: including gift processing and acknowledgements, consistent donor record maintenance, data entry, report generation, and mailing list management.
• Coordinate all arrangements for donor and community outreach meetings for Vice President of Institutional Advancement (IA) (and President & CEO when appropriate) including calls, reservations, travel information and follow up, under direction of VP of IA. Also will assist with scheduling and making all arrangements for internal meetings.
• Maintain Top Prospect list and ensure appropriate moves management process and records in e-Tapestry, including maintaining confidential actions regarding visits and proposal tracking.
• Systematically prepare meeting briefs and all materials necessary for donor and community outreach meetings, follow-up correspondence and acknowledgements to donors and community contacts for VP of Institutional Advancement.
• Coordinate donor stewardship and recognition.
• Assist with thank you calls and gift reminder (solicitation) calls at appropriate times during the fiscal year.
• Provides direct assistance in coordinating and arranging development and advancement related event details including special events, donor visits, and on-campus meetings in coordination with Conference Event Coordinator.
• Coordination of details for external events, including event registrations and payments, recording RSVPs and follow up as necessary, and keeping a record of events and attendance/participation throughout the year.
• General Administrative Support Duties, including maintenance of department budget in coordination with VP of IA.
• Board Committees support including communication and coordinating meetings, preparing agendas and recording minutes.
• 3 – 5 years Administrative Assistant experience in fundraising, nonprofit or related areas.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field a plus.
• Highly organized, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Google Chrome and other internet search engines.
• Advanced use of Blackbaud E-Tapestry Database program (or significant experience with Raiser’s Edge), knowledge of Financial Edge.
• High level of customer service and professionalism, confidentiality, attention to detail and strong writing and editorial skills