Cleveland Museum of Natural History
The Cleveland Museum of Natural History (CMNH), founded in 1920, is located in the heart of University Circle, five miles east of downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Considered among the top 10 institutions of its kind in North America, the Museum offers an incredible visitor experience, attracting roughly 275,000 visitors a year. There are more than 140 public education programs and over 80,000 students served annually. The Museum employs approximately 160 people.
Building on its strong foundation of excellence in education and research, the Museum is poised to transform itself. CMNH will invite and engage a broader audience in the exploration of science and the natural world by revolutionizing the way it presents natural history. The Museum has currently launched a capital campaign to support a dramatic renovation and expansion of its facilities and exhibits. This ambitious plan will position the Museum to play a leading role in regional and national efforts to improve science education and increase scientific literacy.
The Campaign Assistant reports directly to the Director of Campaign & Development and provides high level administrative support to the Museum’s Campaign efforts. The Campaign Assistant is expected to function with professional discretion in dealing with a wide variety of Museum constituencies including co-workers, trustees, donors and government offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
(Must be able to perform the essential functions of this positon with or without reasonable accommodation).
– Ensures that notes from meetings are recorded and tracked in the Museum’s electronic database.
– Assists the CEO, Chief Development Officer and the Director of Campaign & Development in on going activities including meeting organization, follow-up, taking minutes and calendar management.
– Supports front-line fundraisers with follow-up notes and activities.
– Coordinates information relevant to mailings and other communications both internally and externally.
– Tracks campaign activities and includes this information in reports sent to various constituencies.
– Drafts and prepares correspondence such as memos, tables, graphs, PowerPoint presentations and other forms of communication as required.
– Proofreads for spelling, grammar and layout on all written communications both internally and externally.
– Provides high-level support to trustee and other key stakeholder committees related to Campaign and philanthropic support.
– Ensures that all necessary supplies and resources are available to front-line fundraisers and campaign volunteers.
– Assists the Director of Campaign & Development with logistics of events and engagement activities and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required. A minimum of three years related experience/or training in executive assistant role with fundraising or related development experience required.
Knowledge of CRM software such as Altru, Tessitura, MailChimp, and other donor database software.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
Strong project management skills
Professional demeanor, tact, diplomacy discretion, good judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written to diverse audiences
Strong problem solving and listening skills
Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising practices
Excellent organization and attention to detail skills
Ability to effectively coordinate and track multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize, work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy, and meet stringent and overlapping deadlines.
Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
Create an account and apply at workforcenow.adp.com
No phone calls, please.
The Cleveland Museum of Natural History is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, ADA EMPLOYER and a SUBSTANCE-FREE WORKPLACE
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.cmnh.org/about-the-museum/employment/campaign-assistant →