Cleveland Rape Crisis Center
Position: Director, Major Gifts
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Supervises: Events & Annual Fund Manager; consultants and interns as needed
Cleveland Rape Crisis Center supports survivors of rape and sexual abuse, promotes healing and prevention and advocates for social change.
The Director, Major Gifts works to grow Cleveland Rape Crisis Center’s annual revenues and base of supporters. As a member of the Leadership Team, this key position oversees and performs activities related to major gifts, annual fund, corporate giving and special events.
Principle Duties include (but are not limited to):
· Build and maintain relationships with donors, staff, consultants, partners and vendors.
· Act as advisor to Chief Development Officer.
· Serve as a strategic member of the agency’s Directors Team.
· Produce annual development plan; case statement(s), strategies, activity timelines; bench-marked goals.
· Integrate CRM and Moves Management into existing platform(s).
· Provide leadership, guidance and development opportunities to team members.
· Serve as an ambassador of the Center.
· Drive increased participation.
· Expand data systems and reporting platforms.
· Incorporate Grateful Patient model into current program.
· Pilot prospect management program.
· Enhance donor engagement; guide stewardship.
· Refresh Major Gift program.
· Develop collateral materials.
· Seek new supporters; capture lapsed opportunities.
· Enhance donor engagement.
· Manage event work plan for various stakeholders.
· Mange budget(s).
· Provide volunteer management to high-level stakeholders.
· Support agency Leadership in direct solicitation(s).
· Improve systems and efficiency.
· Demonstrate an understanding of the philanthropic landscape of Northeast Ohio, or equivalent.
· Possess basic knowledge to provide information, referral or crisis assistance.
Bachelor’s degree required. Professional experience typically evidenced by 5+ years of working in the field of major gift-type fund development.
Professional must have demonstrated written communication abilities as well as honed critical thinking and relationship-building skills. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, goal oriented, self-starter, who likes to work with autonomy. Candidates with previous supervisory and health and human service-based experiences are highly desired. Candidates lacking a sense of humor will not be considered.
Hours of Work: This is a full-time, exempt position. Occasional evening and weekend work hours will be required. This position offers a flexible schedule for the purposes of meeting responsibilities; being healthy and human.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
Cleveland Rape Crisis Center is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diverse applicants.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.clevelandrapecrisis.org/about-us/careers-internships/ →