Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad
The Vice President of Development reports directly to the President and CEO and is responsible for planning and implementing fundraising campaigns for strategic priorities of CVSR. This responsibility includes cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a diverse portfolio of donors and prospects; recruiting and managing the involvement of fundraising volunteers and leadership; and effectively coordinating sponsorship, grant writing, annual and planned giving efforts to maximize fundraising results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Establishes short- and long-range goals for funding sources. Works with staff to develop and implement funding-related projects or programs.
· Identifies and researches new sources of funding.
· Strategizes and orchestrates methods of approach to individual, corporate and foundation donors.
· Leads and manages various methods of cultivation and solicitation including electronic, direct mail, and face-to-face visits.
· Prepares appropriate donor communication materials in support of fundraising objectives.
· Manages donor recognition and stewardship.
· Supervises and coordinates records maintenance and maintains an accurate accounting of all donations and grants.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field. Strong interpersonal and advanced oral and written communications skills.
· Five years of fundraising or related professional experience.
· Proven organizational skills and ability to function with a high degree of independence and discretion.
· Proven ability to achieve aggressive performance goals.
· Familiarity with fundraising software and database management. Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
· Experience working with volunteer committees and leadership.
· Team oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated track-record working within diverse communities and promoting a spirit of inclusiveness in the area of philanthropic development.
Ability to speak effectively before groups and individuals.