Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage
Manages day to day development activities, membership, grant proposals and the databases that support these functions. Provides administrative and program support to the Managing Director. Works closely with other staff as duties necessitate.
- Responsible for all aspects of membership program, including planning, creating/executing communications and campaigns, and developing/executing events and activities.
- Manage membership program including maintenance of accurate database, entering gift data, processing membership cards, fulfillment of incentives, coordination of renewal process and related reports.
- Execute all correspondence with members, donors and member prospects. Maintain digital and paper records and provide reports.
- Manage Membership Subcommittee, including meeting arrangements, correspondence and minutes, records and committee rosters, assistance creating agendas and materials, liaison with committee members.
- Support Managing Director on stewardship and donor solicitation, including all fundraising activities, events, programs, and Development Committee needs.
- Under direction from Managing Director, responsible for research, preparation and submission of all foundation, corporate, and government grant proposals and required reporting including preparation of grants calendar and management of any contracted grant writers.
- Manage membership and development functions of Altru database, including data entry, queries, and reports; trains and oversees interns and volunteers entering membership and development information into Altru.
- Process gifts and pledges, record and address changes and acknowledgements in a timely and accurate manner. Respond promptly to requests for information and assistance.
- Work with Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications to prepare special exhibition sponsorship materials, donor cultivation appeals, and other collateral as needed for development programs and events.
- Responsible for preparation and accuracy of annual Donor Recognition newsletter insert.
- Reconcile all membership, fundraising, and group tour data with Director of Finance; provide information for annual audit, completion of Cultural Data Project reporting and other financial requests/needs.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of all onsite Development events, including exhibition openings and donor cultivation events.
- Maintain general, donor, and member mailing and email lists and compile lists for use by other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MALTZ MUSEUM MISSION
The Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage introduces visitors to the beauty and diversity of that heritage in the context of the American experience. It promotes an understanding of Jewish history, religion, and culture and builds bridges of appreciation, tolerance, and understanding with those of other religions, races, cultures, and ethnic backgrounds, serving as an educational resource for Northeast Ohio’s Jewish and general communities.
The Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, political affiliation or other legally protected status.