Hawken School seeks teachers and staff-members who are comfortable taking risks and embracing a growth mindset. Our faculty members are constantly looking for new ways to inspire student curiosity while remaining dedicated to nurturing compassion and kindness in our students; staff and administration are encouraged to engage thoughtfully and proactively in support of the School’s mission. We desire culturally competent candidates who clearly appreciate a community of staff, administrators, teachers and learners from diverse backgrounds and perspectives and are committed to equity and social justice.
Hawken School is committed to doing school differently and better. This means developing an inclusive and accepting community where adults feel empowered to design learning experiences for students that deepen their learning, engaging their emotions as well as their intellects. This mindset in the classroom translates to the back-office where operations need to reflect efficient, meaningful systems that support the dynamic work of the organization. If you have the overall qualifications and you are inspired by this description of the Hawken community, we encourage you to consider this opportunity.
Hawken School is seeking a full time Database & Office Coordinator to join the Advancement team at the Gates Mills campus. This position will provide office support and data management support for alumni, constituent, and donor relations initiatives. Assisting in diverse tasks of the management team, this position is well-suited to a highly organized self-starter comfortable executing detail-oriented projects which are dynamic in nature, in support of community engagement activities.
• Strategically and pro-actively manage constituent records under the guidance of the Database Manager
• Process a high volume of data entry, including creating constituent records, editing records, and linking relational records appropriately
• Update, maintain and manage data retrieved from varied sources such as, Hawknet, USPS, etc.
• Coordinate the information flow of student activities from multiple school departments and update student records
• Serve as a backup/assistant for gift entry and donor acknowledgements; manage Annual Fund pledge reminders
• Assist in maintaining and managing project and production timelines
• Assist with various events including preparing for and day-of needs, manage RSVP lists, create name tags and event materials
• Research and create queries, reports, and exports to meet the needs of fundraising and communication efforts. Analyze and summarize reporting data and lists from the Raiser’s Edge database
• Support print and electronic communication efforts of the Advancement Office
• Support the administrative needs of the Advancement team
• Support the Advancement office by maintaining office supplies and equipment
• Collaboratively work in a dynamic, cross-functional team environment
• Collaboratively work with other departments to advance the mission of the school
• Mailroom responsibilities include morning distribution of incoming mail and posting of outgoing mail
• Address afternoon main-line calls on a rotating basis
Candidate must have a minimum of three years successful experience working with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or a similar fundraising/constituent management database in a data intensive organization, preferably an educational institution. Must be highly proficient in the management and synthesis of digital information. Exceptional skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, especially mail merge and Outlook are required and a high degree of facility with other Microsoft products is required. Experience with Microsoft Access and marketing platforms such as Mailchimp is highly preferred. Must be able to prioritize and work with minimal supervision. Must have excellent interpersonal, customer-service skills and a high degree of attention to detail. A commitment to confidentiality and good judgment on sensitive matters is essential. An Associate or Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not mandatory.
Founded on the ideal that “the better self shall prevail and each generation introduce its successor to a higher plane of life,” Hawken School is a coeducational independent day school with over 1,300 students in preschool through grade 12. Our three campuses within 25 minutes of downtown Cleveland and an urban extension center in the city’s museum district provide a demanding and integrated course of study in a diverse and dynamic environment.
To learn more about us, visit www.hawken.edu
Please send a resume, references, and a cover letter to: Helen Oshaben, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hawken School is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to promoting all forms of diversity in the workplace and in our student body. We strongly urge all qualified individuals to apply.