Hunger Network of Greater Cleveland
The Hunger Network of Greater Cleveland, a non-profit organization that strives to reduce hunger and improve health across Cuyahoga County, seeks a full-time Development Director. We are a grassroots and heartfelt nonprofit that bridges the gap between hunger and health, serving four million meals side-by-side with health and wellness services every year.
Position Summary: Responsible for developing goals, strategies, and benchmarks for all fundraising campaigns and serves as a trusted resource for Board and staff. Position reports directly to the CEO.
Fundraising and Communications
· Manage and grow individual donor pipeline through annual appeal strategies and engagement outreach.
· Work with CEO and members of the Board on donor identification, prospecting, and solicitation activity.
· Create a stewardship program, identify creative benefits, and create innovative packaging including welcome and retention materials along with a variety of donor reactivation campaigns.
· Establish and monitor an internal foundation and corporate grants management system.
· Work with CEO and other key staff to prepare foundation proposals, reports, and collateral materials for grants.
· Oversee implementation of events such as the Business Outreach Breakfast and Board Night Out.
· Take lead on developing content for annual report and periodic newsletters.
· Participate in and assist with all HNGC special events; help identify and cultivate corporate sponsorships.
· Make presentations to community groups about HNGC and fundraising initiatives.
· Establish a major gifts program.
· Engage Board leadership to create a solicitation strategy.
· Establish measurable outcomes.
· Serve as primary liaison for the organization’s donor-driven funds.
· Work with CEO to develop and monitor a comprehensive plan including goals, strategies, and benchmarks for all fundraising campaigns; enlist other staff in the process
· Staff and lead the Board of Trustee’s Advancement Committee which addresses all fundraising strategies.
· Work in collaboration with Marketing and Special Events team to integrate all aspects of development.
· Implement an acknowledgement process.
· Report on campaign analytics; work with staff to maintain up-to-date records of activity in department database.
· Work to improve efficiencies in areas of responsibility.
· Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred.
· Working knowledge of Donor Drive, Donor Perfect, or other fundraising software required.
· Minimum of 10+ years of fundraising in the nonprofit sector.
· Must have experience working in greater Cleveland community and with philanthropy.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of and experience with cultivation, solicitation. and stewardship strategies and techniques required.
· Demonstrated analytic and data entry skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with ability to make presentations to senior-level groups, as well as to build one-on-one relationships with members of diverse constituencies at all levels of authority.
· Working knowledge of individual donor and major gift campaigns.
· Demonstrated success in grant writing.
· Strong problem solving and leadership skills that lead to creative and compassionate fundraising.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
Excellent benefits package available. Salary commensurate with experience. EOE