Kent State University
Kent State University is seeking a talented professional to provide comprehensive research on potential donors to the University, including in-depth industry analysis and relationship mapping. Identify potential major and leadership donors through the deployment of complex database segmentation strategies utilizing analytical software, demographic and in-house data. Analyze, interpret and evaluate information collected on a potential donor to produce effective cultivation strategies at the individual and team level. Reports to the Director, Prospect Research.
The essential functions of this position are:
- Lead and direct prospect identification efforts through industry analysis, demographic data, database segmentation strategies and electronic and/or peer screenings. Perform in-house data-mining through complex database queries and statistical modeling concepts.
- Identify connections between business, family, social and volunteer relationships among individuals and organizations. Identify philanthropic patterns and tendencies. Analyze and match charitable and economic interests of prospective donors to identified fundraising projects. Develop comprehensive and effective cultivation/solicitation strategies.
- Utilize and interpret information from various sources to potential major and leadership donors.
- Utilize mailing and contact lists from others sources such as list houses, organizations and internet sources to identify interest and affiliations to specific fundraising projects/goals.
- Teach basic prospect research to a diverse audience to include making presentations, being responsible for training processes, and mentoring research staff.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Liberal Arts, Library Science, or a relevant field; four to five years of experience in prospect management, research or analytics. Experience in a non-profit environment is preferred.
In 2017, Kent State University was recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education. The annual report recognizes the colleges that get top ratings from their employees on workforce practices and policies. This is the eighth time the university has been selected for this honor in ten years.
Application Process: Please apply online at https://www.kent.edu/hr/job-opportunities; include a resume and cover letter, or simply click on the title Sr. Advancement Research Specialist to direct you to the application process. You will find additional information about the division and a list of current open positions in Institutional Advancement, by visiting our website: http://www.kent.edu/advancement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer / Disabled / Veterans
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://jobslist.kent.edu/cw/en-us/job/495339/senior-advancement-research-specialist →