Saint Joseph Academy
The Director of Major and Planned Giving will be responsible for advancing key donor relationships and identifying new major and planned gift prospects for the Academy. This position serves as a resource to Saint Joseph Academy’s Institutional Advancement Team in the areas of major and planned giving and will be involved in the success of the capital campaign. The Director is responsible for the successful solicitation of prospects capable of contributing $25,000 or more, managing relationships with major campaign prospects and donors to help ensure the fulfillment of all campaign pledges, and ensuring the campaign’s momentum by maintaining contact with the campaign’s key volunteers and providing outstanding staff support. This full-time, exempt position reports to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
· Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of five to seven years fundraising experience preferably in an educational institution.
· Demonstrated success with individual major and planned giving solicitations.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven success in recruiting, soliciting, managing and nurturing volunteers at all leadership levels.
· Excellent writing, oral communication, analytical and organizational skills.
· Management experience and proven ability to meet multiple project deadlines.
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge.
· Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as well as travel a must.
For a complete copy of the job description, visit www.sja1890.org/employment