The Salvation Army.of Greater Cleveland
To apply for the Corporate Relations Director, please use http://careers.salvationarmy.org/easternusa/
Job Title: Corporate Relations Director
Job Classification: Exempt
Department: Greater Cleveland Area Services (GCAS)
Date: April 10, 2018
Reports To: Divisional Secretary for Greater Cleveland (DSGC)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Corporate Relations Director is a senior level position and is responsible for strengthening and growing funds and awareness for The Salvation Army of Greater Cleveland. With the support of the DSGC and the Advisory Board, the Corporate Relations Director will implement a development plan that will include corporate, organizational and institutional partnerships as well as, special event efforts. This position reports directly to the Divisional Secretary for Greater Cleveland Area Services. This position also works in tandem with the Divisional Development Department serving Northeast Ohio, which is responsible for foundations, mail appeal and major and planned gifts from individuals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Identify, cultivate, pursue and retain donor and contributor support. 50% of this position requires personal contact with donors and prospective donors.
2. Engage the DSGC to maintain and cultivate strong relationships with funders.
3. Strategize on, and implement efforts, to secure new and untapped resources.
4. Shall develop, consistent with Salvation Army policy, corporate foundation proposals for program support, in conjunction with Divisional Development staff. Responsibility shall include verification of compliance with terms of grant and such reporting as may be required.
5. Oversee the design and implementation of The Salvation Army of Greater Cleveland’s marketing collateral and Annual Report.
6. Create and pitch corporate sponsorship packages and proposals and execute all marketing and partnership benefits for sponsors.
7. Receive, acknowledge and track all donor contributions.
8. Maintain updated mailing lists, donor lists and donor profiles. Analyze fundraising data and prepare reports as needed.
9. Manage the Development budget for Greater Cleveland Area Services: preparing revenue and expense budgets and setting goals and objectives for meeting the budget needs for GC in consultation with the DSGC.
10. Coordinate public relations activities with Corps Officers related to fund development and community awareness.
11. Build and Coordinate the activities of the Advancement Committee.
12. Plan and coordinate all logistics for the annual Civic Lunch.
13. Identify and close large corporate sponsorships and patron gifts for the annual Civic Lunch.
14. Draft all scripts, social media presentations, and even production schedule for the Civic Lunch.
15. Assume other responsibilities as directed by the DSGC
QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Proven record of securing corporate sponsorships
3. Ability to network
4. Ability to connect and build new relationships quickly
5. Comfortable with prospecting new donors and making “cold calls”
6. Knowledge of Greater Cleveland area business climate
7. Proven creativity in corporate fundraising, along with a comprehensive understanding of fundraising essentials and best practices in philanthropy
8. Knowledge of digital and peer-to-peer fund raising strategies
9. General experience in public relations and working with media to increase public awareness of organizational needs
10. Solid analytical and strategic thinker with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
11. Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well under pressure, while managing multiple activities
12. Ability to represent The Salvation Army to a broad range of community constituents
13. Must have valid Driver’s License and be willing to travel regionally as needed, flexible on scheduling to accommodate corporate relationships and events and other duties as assigned
14. Commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army
1. The CRD shall refrain from any activity that may be construed as, or lead to, a conflict of interest, i.e., sales of securities, real estate, insurance, etc. Where such training, licensor, and experience may have been acquired from previous employment, she/he shall, under no circumstances use Salvation Army contacts or resources or represent The Salvation Army in any process for personal gain.
2. The CRD shall refrain from executing any legal documents on behalf of The Salvation Army.
3. The CRD shall refrain from investing or subordinating funding rightly belonging to The Salvation Army.
4. The CRD shall refrain from any personal gain as a result of donor contacts. She/He shall not accept any gratuities or gifts or allow bequests or remainder interests to accrue to any individual affiliated with or representing The Salvation Army.
5. The CRD shall maintain confidentiality of all information received in view of her/his position and shall not, at time of termination as an employee of The Salvation Army, remove any records, documents, software or other programs that shall be construed to be the property of The Salvation Army.
6. The CRD shall comply with guidelines relating to budget, expenditures and accountability of same.
7. The CRD shall comply with guidelines relating to activity and achievement reporting including periodic personnel conferences with supervisory staff.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.salvationarmy.org/easternusa/ →