UCP of Greater Cleveland
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for managing initiatives to strengthen the base of contributed income to the agency. This includes, but is not limited to the annual fund, special fund campaigns, special events, volunteer events, and cultivation of community relationships/sponsorships. Oversee marketing and public relations that increase community awareness of the agency and its mission in ways that result in positive outcomes. Plans, directs and coordinates designated projects for the Development Department and agency.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree, seven to ten years of proven fundraising/development experience. Excellent written, oral and communication skills. Must have the ability to generate a positive image of the agency with all contacts and communications that represent the agency. A high degree of computer literacy required, experience using donor management databases preferred. Must have reliable transportation and a valid Ohio driver’s license with two (2) or less moving violations.
1) In partnership with the Chief Operations Officer and the Development Advisor, develop and implement a strategic development plan and financial strategy for the Development Department.
2) In partnership with the President & Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operations Officer and the Development Advisor, bring engagement and cultivation strategies to effectively acquire, retain and upgrade donors to fruition.
3) Manage and oversee all aspects of the agency annual fund, including the development of letters and other vehicles for support and the creation of continuous plans for gifts via direct mail and online contribution programs.
4) Manage and oversee all aspects of the foundation relations/grants plan, including the identification of new funders and opportunities for program and operations support. Cultivate and strengthen relationships with foundations and act as a liaison with United Way of Greater Cleveland and oversee all budgets, proposals and reporting.
5) Develop continuous plans for agency special events, including sponsorship and attendance; oversee logistics and event marketing and communications. Work with the Development Advisor on corporate sponsorship planning and development.
6) Manage all special event committees of the agency as well as the Young Professionals Committee. Monitor progress and lead recruitment efforts for all committees.
7) Develop, manage and evaluate a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the agency’s image and position with key stakeholders and the community. Oversee related activities and materials (publications, media relations, collateral pieces, etc.), as well as other facets of the program including (but not limited to) brand identification, brand promotion, stakeholder and community outreach and web-based and social media.
8) Manage communication of the agency’s desired image and position and assure consistent communication of image and brand throughout the agency to all constituencies, including internal and external parties.
9) Manage media interest in the agency and maintain regular contact with the target media and relevant responses to media inquiries.
10) Manage and oversee work of the Development Committee of the Board of Directors as well as event committees.
11) Present the agency, clients and staff in a positive manner consistent with the agency mission, including public speaking, site visit tours and other avenues that will educate and familiarize donors and the community with the agency.
12) Oversee donor record and gift acknowledgment.
13) Oversee the volunteer program of the agency.
14) Other job related duties as assigned.