United Church of Christ, National
As the Administrator you will assist the Associate Director, other senior staff and volunteers in carrying out the philanthropic programs of the national setting of the United Church of Christ (UCC). The administrator provides oversight of the UCC’s data management systems for donor relations and gift management, conducts research for discovering donor and prospect insights and opportunities, and undertakes the development of reports for informing internal and external audiences about philanthropy and stewardship at the UCC.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as lead user and point person for the OPTIC team’s fund development data systems, tools and technology with emphasis on Raiser’s Edge NXT and its philanthropy research and reporting needs.
- Maintains data entry consistency and integrity by overseeing the thorough and accurate entry of all donor, gift, and tracking information.
- Creates data runs, analyzes data, creates written and electronic reports for distribution to OPTIC team members, senior staff, UCC Conferences, and others that inform, among other things, campaign planning and execution, new and ongoing giving programs, fund development goals, and that provide insights for understanding the cost/benefit of philanthropy programs and events.
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures for OPTIC’s data systems, tools, and technology critical to its fund development operations.
- Enters new data into the database, analyzes information and populates all appropriate data fields where information is available.
- Coordinates data analysis to satisfy all needs relating to fund development campaigns, appeals and special events and programs.
- Serves as the point person for training and access for all UCC’s Raiser’s Edge NXT users.
- Contributes to management of online giving pages, e-communications and e-appeals for philanthropic support.
- Ensures the security and sensitive handling of confidential financial and donor information.
- Maintains an expectation of excellence in both written and verbal communications.
- As assigned, contributes to additional aspects of the philanthropy team’s work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform successfully in this position.
- A college degree in a related field, or a combination of education and demonstrated work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the practice of fund development, prospect research, and philanthropy in the non-profit sector with emphasis on data systems, database management, philanthropy research and reporting, and donor communications.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities.
- Commitment to and theological understanding of mission, stewardship and philanthropy.
- Desire and sensitivity to work in diverse racial, ethnic, cultural and religious settings with commitment to diversity in the workplace as well as in one’s understanding of mission.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining and properly handle confidential or sensitive information. Familiarity with the Donor Bill of Rights.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and collegially as well as independently.
- Proficient in use of computers and technology, Microsoft Office applications and Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- A commitment to understanding the United Church of Christ, its mission and its core values.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to undertake limited travel.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated professional experience in Raiser’s Edge NXT or equivalent CRM system in a professionally staffed fund development office.
- Understanding of the polity and structures of the United Church of Christ.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE: Employer paid health, dental, life, and pension benefits
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required for the position and is subject to review and change at any time in accordance with the needs of the ministry. Since no job description can detail all duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a position, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a position shall also be considered part of the position holder’s responsibility.
It is expected that the person who holds this position will conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the policies of the UCC and in a manner that will reflect positively on the organization. All staff are encouraged to nurture safety within the work performed on behalf of the UCC by being attentive to self-care, education, maintaining appropriate boundaries, and the importance of referring those in need to supportive and helpful resources.
Applications must be received by May 18, 2018
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1928628 →