September 25, 2020
AFP Donor Retention: A VIRTUAL Self-Assessment Workshop
Putting Strategies that WORK into Practice!
8:00 a.m. - Welcome and Brief Introductions
- What we’ll cover today
8:15 a.m. - What the Data Tells Us
- What do you know?
8:45 a.m. - Section 1: Keeping Your Donors Loyal and Giving
- Sargeant’s Loyalty Top 7
- Why organizations lose donors and money
- How keeping donors increases fundraising success
9:30 a.m. - Section 2: Measuring the Effectiveness of Your Fundraising Efforts
- Gains Minus Losses = Net Growth
- The how and why of the Fundraising Effectiveness Project
- What is the Fundraising Fitness Test?
- How does the Fitness Test work?
- What can we learn from this?
- Breakout Session
Looking at real data
What should we do with the data?
How to communicate report findings
11:00 a.m. - Section 3: Developing a Successful Donor Retention Plan
- Breakout Session
Developing your plan
11:30 a.m. - Section 4: Review and Apply What Your Have Learned
12:00 p.m. (Noon) - Thank you and Workshop Conclusion
The AFP Donor Retention: A Self-Assessment Workshop is based on data collected via the AFP Fundraising Effectiveness Project. Its purpose is to show nonprofits the value of tracking overall gains and losses in gifts and donors – then how to use that information to develop cultivation strategies to improve donor retention.
The focus of this workshop:
How to develop an effective Donor Retention Plan’ based on what research indicates really works.
Topics covered include:
• Why organizations lose donors and money
• How keeping donors increases fundraising success
• Determining the effectiveness of fundraising efforts through use of the FEP Fundraising Fitness Test
• Developing a successful donor retention plan
The workshop curriculum is presented through lecture, a fictional case study based on real data, and the encouragement of participant dialogue. Each participant receives a printed manual both for use during the workshop, and as a tool for launching their organization’s own effective Donor Retention Plan.
Applied for CFRE Credit
Facilitator: Patricia Egan, MBA, CFRE, Beyond Fundraising, LLC
Co-Facilitator: Lori Hunter Overmyer, MBA, CFRE, Goettler Associates, Inc.
Cost to Attend:
AFP Member $150 per person
Non-Member $225 per person
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Major Sponsor(Presenting Partner for the Chapter's Mentoring Program)