Northeast Ohio Medical University
|Position Title||Advancement Services Coordinator|
|Full or Part Time||Full Time|
|Summary||As part of the NEOMED Advancement Division team, manage and provide information from the Raiser’s Edge database, including the processing of all charitable gift donations and pledges as well as changes to contact information. Provide donor and prospect research reports to the gift officers and University leadership. Work with gift officers to effectively move donor prospects through the moves management system. Provide general office support and assist in other areas of division operations as needed.
Northeast Ohio Medical University is an AA/EEO Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Principal Functional Responsibilities||1) Gift Processing
Process all University gifts, pledges, payments acknowledgements/receipts and pledge reminders
Perform adjustment transactions, corrections and write-offs
Process monthly/weekly payroll deductions
Process daily gift batches and transactions with the Accounting department
Perform the monthly reconciliation with the Accounting department.
2) Data Entry and Management
Maintain data in Raiser’s Edge database
Keep up-to-date on new Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge capabilities and updates.
Research, find and enter new contact information for constituents
Provide biographic, demographic and statistical data from Raiser’s Edge database. Analyze and interpret staff requirements, retrieve, design and deliver effective information tailored to target audiences
Responsible for data integrity in Raiser’s Edge database
Handle all imports and exports of data
3) Administrative Assistance
Assist the Development Coordinator in the day to day functions of the phone-a-thon program.
Assist the Director of Alumni Relations and Development Operations in the planning and prep work for various alumni dinners, receptions and meetings.
Process and distribute thank you notes, acknowledgment letters and donor reports.
Provide support for special projects and initiatives as needed.
Provide support for PCI compliance.
4) Donor Prospecting and Moves Management
Maintain outstanding proposal/opportunity reports and top prospect lists for gift officers.
Meet regularly with gift officers to review donor prospect lists and ensure proper moves management procedures are occurring.
Utilize Research Point and other tools to complete biographical information on top prospects for donor prospect reports.
Complete quarterly metrics reports for fundraising and gift officer analysis.
Complete annual fundraising and alumni engagement reports and surveys.
Regularly review past due pledge reports and pledge ending reports for discussion at team meetings.
Provide other reports as necessary.
6) Perform other duties as assigned
|Qualifications||Education/Degrees: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (or equivalent experience.)
Experience: Minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience with electronic tools and data in an office environment; work experience in Higher Education, not for profit and/or University Advancement experience preferred including an understanding of the personal nature of alumni affairs and fundraising structure and process.
|Key Skills, Personal Characteristics, and Key Competencies||• Exceptional attention to detail
• Extreme capacity for ensuring confidentiality of data and understanding of the Foundations policies surrounding its use; commitment to the highest degree of ethical conduct
• Ability to recognize pertinent information for use in the analysis of donor prospects
• Ability to work as a key member of a cohesive team
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite products and database management required; knowledge and use of Raiser’s Edge preferred
• Self-motivated person with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skill
• Strong customer service skills
• Communication: Builds and maintains open, transparent and effective lines of communication, within and outside the University, to better serve others in all interactions; appropriately tailor written and verbal messages to target audiences.
• Service Excellence: Maintains focus on service excellence in all relationships with colleagues, students and NEOMED guests; views all interactions as a potential opportunity for demonstrating NEOMED’s focus on serving others.• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion/DE&I: Practices inclusion of those unique human qualities that are different from our own and outside the groups to which we belong; respects and values all people, nurtures open dialogue between those of differing perspectives; and empowers people to express themselves and show an appreciation of others. Diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) at NEOMED includes in addition to the dimensions of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation, it also includes socioeconomic status, physical attributes and abilities; political, cultural, and intellectual ideologies and practices.
• Civility: Civility at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) involves treating people with dignity, respect, and courtesy which involves efforts to understand differences and a general awareness of the rights, wishes, concerns and feelings of others. It involves speaking in ways that are respectful, responsible, restrained and principled, and avoiding that which is offensive, rude, demeaning or threatening.
|Physical Requirements||Must be able to utilize a phone, computer and screen and other office equipment. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear and occasionally stand, walk, reach, stoop, or kneel. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Moderate travel may be required; must be available for occasional evening and weekend events.|
|NEOMED EEO Statement||NEOMED is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, status as a parent during pregnancy and immediately after the birth of a child, status as a parent of a young child, status as a foster parent, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable state or federal law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, NEOMED also affirms its commitment to nondiscrimination in its employment policies and practices. In compliance with Title IX (20 U.S.C Sec. 1681 et seq.), NEOMED prohibits sex discrimination, including sexual harassment.
For concerns regarding discrimination, please contact:
NEOMED requests that you provide the voluntary information requested below. It will be kept separate from your application, in a confidential and limited access file, to be used for statistical compilation and analysis for Human Resources record keeping and reporting purposes. Your response will not be used in any way to determine your eligibility for employment. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
|Notification of Annual Security Report.||The Northeast Ohio Medical University is committed to assisting all members of the NEOMED community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual security report is available on the NEOMED website at http://www.neomed.edu/officesanddirectory/police-department/NPDannualstats8.28.15.pdf
The annual security report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, authority of University police and security officers, crime reporting policies, and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. Additionally, the report contains information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by NEOMED; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
If you would like a paper copy of this report, please email email@example.com or call the Department of Public Safety at 330-325-6492 to request a copy.
This information is required by law and is provided by the Northeast Ohio Medical University Department of Public Safety.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience with Raiser’s Edge or Raiser’s Edge NXT?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Letter
- Other Document
To apply for this job please visit neomed.peopleadmin.com.