Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Parma
Marketing Communications Specialist
Full-time – 32 hours/week
Compensation: Salary ($17 – $20 per hour) – with benefits (health insurance, dental, vacation, sick days, church holy days/federal holidays)
Working under the direction of the Bishop of the Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Parma, the Marketing Communications Specialist’s primary function is to execute the media relations strategy of the Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Parma which includes but is not limited to: presenting the bishop and eparchy in a positive fashion via integrated strategic messaging to the media platforms; assisting in media campaign planning and execution; directing supervision of the daily social media, website and e-newsletter functions; other duties as needed.
Develop and maintain the website to be a primary form of communication to the parishioners and public.
Administer the content, postings, replies, discussions, and events for all social media outlets (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.); update these on a regular basis.
Work with various departments (Administration, Finance, Parishes, and Fund Development, etc.) to understand project/activity goals and create marketing/communications plans where opportunities exist.
· Film and edit the bishop’s weekly video messages.
· Produce weekly e-newsletter.
· Provide regular coverage and flow of information from the parishes, other Eparchies, and events happening throughout the Eparchy or our sister churches in Europe.
· Build digital content (video, photo) library capturing parish and eparchial events by attending.
· Assist in promoting the annual Stewardship Appeal, The Evening of Hope, The Ohio Bishop’s Golf Classic and The Michigan Bishop’s Golf Classic, Youth Ministry events, and other programs as needed.
· Create graphics and presentations using approved graphics, templates, and messages.
Develop and implement communications strategies that successfully deliver information and key messages to the parishioners and public.
Create innovative marketing messages to help grow parishes and reach the public.
Help parishes develop and maintain a media presence.
Oversee development and deployment of the various forms of communication (website, email, social media, etc.)
· Cultivate and proactively promote stories within the eparchy to the various media.
· Build and maintain positive working relationships with media leading to an increase in positive awareness and coverage of the eparchy.
· Maintain media coverage records and media lists. Collect coverage data and provide reports.
· Write timely press releases to promote positive activities within the eparchy, as well as assisting in drafting press releases on sensitive topics.
· Produce radio and television announcements as needed and handle the scheduling of the bishop’s appearance on programs such as AM 1260 The Rock, etc.
· Assist in the production of media with Logos TV.
· Keep internal Chancery directory updated.
· Represent and promote the Eparchy at events in the local community.
· Design and maintain printed materials and other items to be offered either for purchase or as promotional/evangelization tools.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· Must be a practicing Catholic with demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Church, its teachings, and traditions. Strong commitment to the values, mission, ministry, and evangelization charge of the Byzantine Catholic Church.
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public affairs, marketing, or related field. We will also consider demonstrated knowledge and experience directly related to the job responsibilities.
· Hands-on experience with developing communication strategies, specifically through social media and website; knowledge of HTML and social media platforms.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver creative content; graphic design and audio/video editing skills. Familiarity with digital measurement tools.
· One to three years of successful communications, journalism, public relations, public affairs, or communications experience utilizing multiple platforms and digital tools.
Proficient in software related to the field including: Adobe (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
Ability to learn about the Byzantine Catholic Ruthenian tradition and fully imbue all communications with it.
Must live local to the greater Cleveland, Ohio area.
· Builds relationships.
· Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Develops and leverages effective working relationships with staff, clergy, and parishioners.
· Acts with respect toward others.
· Gains acceptance by respecting others’ viewpoints seeking win-win solutions.
· Provides grammatically correct, clear, consistent, and timely communications.
· Gives compelling reasons for ideas and recommendations.
· Maintains confidentiality concerning sensitive issues.
· Build brand awareness and elevate eparchy’s online presence.
· Ensure clear communication of our church mission across all channels.
· Engage more people where they are – in person, virtual and social media.
· Drive attendance to eparchy and parish events.
· Encourage support for parish development/fundraising events.
Please forward a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position is filled.
To learn about the Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Parma of the Ruthenians, please visit www.parma.org.
To apply for this job please visit parma.org.