Case Western Reserve University
CWRU Director of National Development, College of Arts & Sciences (job#9692)
The Director of National Development will have primary responsibility for the design, implementation, and solicitation of individual gifts for the College of Arts and Sciences, from its natural constituency and beyond, representing the college and university priorities, and general areas of interest. ($1,000,000+). The director will be charged to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward 150 to 200 prospects primarily for the arts and humanities including the Maltz Performing Arts Center (MPAC), partnering with central and school development officers as appropriate. The position will require that approximately 80% of the incumbent’s time be on direct face-to-face cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, with the expectation that they will be traveling off campus for approximately 40% of their time. Functioning as part of a university development team, the director will be expected to work collegially, and in partnership, with all central and school-based colleagues.
1. Working in close association with various development directors, coordinate and solicit major gift prospects for the College of Arts and Sciences, including the Maltz Performing Arts Center. Plan strategies for the cultivation and solicitation of major and leadership gifts, in conjunction with senior development staff and college and university leadership. (40%)
2. Build an on-going portfolio of individual major gift donors (alumni, friends, volunteers and community leadership). (40%)
3. Analyze key markets for college and university development. Plan work in target markets based on this analysis. (10%)
1. Identify, qualify, recruit, staff, and train a core group of volunteer solicitors to assist with cultivation and solicitation activities associated with college and university priorities. (5%)
2. Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Development and External Relations. (5%)
Department: Frequent contact with the dean, associate and assistant deans, executive directors and directors of departments, faculty and volunteers. Continuous contact with staff as required to perform essential functions.
University: Regular contact with the president’s office, vice presidents, deans, trustees, alumni, directors of administrative departments, faculty and staff as required to perform essential functions.
External: Continuous contact with friends, foundation representatives, community organizers/advocates, federal, state and local government officials. Occasional contact with foreign visitors, volunteer boards, and other organizations as required to perform essential functions.
Students: Contact with undergraduate, graduate and professional students as required to perform essential functions.
No supervisory responsibility.
Experience: 10 or more years of progressive professional experience, preferably in higher education, the performing arts, sales and/or fundraising and a corresponding track record in closing major gifts.
Education/Licensing: Bachelor’s degree required.
1. High degree of energy, creativity, flexibility, organization and interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
2. Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
3. Computer proficiency (including Microsoft Office) and the ability to learn new programs.
General office environment, occasional nights, and weekend hours. Regular travel required, in Cleveland and key markets as identified.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Equity at 216-368-3066 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.
COVID VACCINATION POLICY
Case Western Reserve University has implemented a COVID Vaccination policy requiring evidence of COVID-19 vaccination for all students, faculty and staff with an on-campus presence. Religious and medical exemptions may be provided in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. For more information go to: https://case.edu/equity/covid-19-accommodations. Applicants may contact the Office of Equity at 216-368-3066 /firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding religious or medical exemptions as an accommodation.
We invite interested, qualified applicants to browse our website at jobs.case.edu for job ID 9692.
To apply for this job please visit case.edu.