Case Western Reserve University
Manager of Annual Giving Center at Case Western Reserve University (job#9192)
The manager of annual giving center will work closely with the director and others in the Office of Annual and Special Giving to create, execute and manage a sophisticated telemarketing operational plan as part of the university’s effort to increase annual participation and support from alumni, friends, parents, and others. Functioning as part of the university development team, the manager will be expected to work collegially with colleagues in university offices and the schools. In addition to call center responsibilities, the manager will also manage undergraduate student philanthropy initiatives with the goal of raising awareness and securing graduation gifts.
1. Supervise Annual Giving Center Staff: hire, train, manage and incentivize 25-35 annual giving center student employees for a 13-station calling center; determine calling assignments and provide appropriate coaching for each caller to enhance and improve their performance; develop a comprehensive incentive program aimed at retention and optimization of success. (20%)
2. Operate Annual Giving Center: create and manage segmentation lists and work with school and center managers to develop appropriate scripting and fact sheets; oversee the 13-station automated annual giving center including software enhancements and infrastructure improvements; manage the annual giving center budget, including preparing monthly budget summaries/reconciliations, quarterly forecasts and yearly budget requests; utilize the Peoplesoft financials system to process reimbursements, disbursements, requisitions, and journal entries; manage relationships with vendors. (20%)
3. Manage Annual Giving Center Data: work with the director to establish challenging but obtainable annual giving center goals; track and evaluate program progress against goals and propose improvements; work closely with advancement services to obtain annual giving center data file; collaborate with school annual fund offers regarding generation and distribution of all annual giving reports; work with alumni and gift records to ensure accuracy in demographic change and gift processing. (15%)
4. Oversee Senior Gift and Student Philanthropy Programs: work closely with the director to plan and execute a comprehensive student philanthropy program; Take the lead on the senior class gift campaign: recruit volunteers for senior gift outreach and manage a committee to conduct peer-to-peer education and solicitation; evaluate program based on outreach and gifts. (25%)
5. Implement New Phone Based Technologies: Research, plan and implement a text-based system to augment calling program. (10%)
6. Develop additional communications: assist the director of annual giving with annual giving in support of annual giving center and senior gift campaign; create a comprehensive pledge fulfillment program including text, mail, and email engagement; design a stewardship program for senior gift campaign aimed to promote retention as alumni. (10%)
Perform other duties as assigned. (<1%)
Department: Daily contact with the director and other advancement staff as required to perform essential functions.
University: Occasional contact with other university employees as required to perform essential functions.
External: Daily contact with alumni, friends of the university, parents and vendors as required to perform essential functions.
Students: Daily contact with student fundraisers and volunteers as required to perform essential functions.
Direct supervisory responsibility for 25 to 35 student fundraisers.
Experience: 1 to 3 years professional experience in telemarketing, sales, development, or equivalent experience as a student caller and/or manager.
Education/Licensing: Bachelor’s degree required.
1. Act as a role model within and outside of Case Western Reserve University.
2. High degree of energy, creativity, organization, and interpersonal skills.
3. Must be able to work independently and as a member of the development team.
4. Proven ability to plan, initiate, manage and evaluate complex campaigns.
5. Must demonstrate proven ability to troubleshoot and to identify problems and appropriate responses to complex issues.
6. Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to influence and tactfully manage relationships with diverse internal and external constituencies. Ability to interact with colleagues, supervisors, and customers face to face.
7. Capacity to develop and execute complex strategy impacting philanthropic effectiveness.
8. Must possess superior organizational skills.
9. Strong writing skills required.
10. Computer proficiency (including Microsoft Office) and ability to learn new programs.
11. Must have a solid understanding of database code.
12. Ability to meet consistent attendance.
General office working environment.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Equity at 216-368-3066 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.
COVID VACCINATION POLICY
Case Western Reserve University has implemented a COVID Vaccination policy requiring evidence of COVID-19 vaccination for all students, faculty and staff with an on-campus presence. Religious and medical exemptions may be provided in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. For more information go to: https://case.edu/equity/covid-19-accommodations. Applicants may contact the Office of Equity at 216-368-3066 /email@example.com for information regarding religious or medical exemptions as an accommodation.
We invite interested, qualified applicants to browse our website at jobs.case.edu for job ID 9192.
To apply for this job please visit case.edu.