Catholic Community Foundation
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Development provides leadership, management, and organization of an integrated and comprehensive fund development program for the Catholic Community Foundation (CCF), inclusive of direction of all Annual Giving Societies, special fundraising initiatives, in addition to serving as a key member of the CCF’s major and planned giving activities and efforts.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops strong positive working relationships with pastors, parish leaders, diocesan directors, and various lay Board members in order to foster a spirit of cooperation, trust, and commitment in support of the diocese.
- Develops strategies and materials to inform, engage and cultivate current and prospective donors in support of diocesan needs. Oversee the management of a portfolio of approximately 75 top-level individual donors and prospects; Assists in the identification of significant major gift prospects for current and future diocesan projects. Meets/exceeds all expectations with respect to his/her donor portfolio, which includes both qualitative and quantitative measurements.
- In coordination with the Senior Director of Major/Planned Gifts, Director of Annual Appeals
and Executive Director, develops and supervises techniques to increase giving to diocesan annual appeals with a focus upon growing Mitre Society ($5,000+) and Bishop’s Circle annual donors ($10,000+).
- In collaboration with Director of Annual Appeals ensure best practices, efficiencies, and expectations are met with respect to various established annual appeal giving goals.
- Manages and supervises the CCF’s donor relations and communications efforts, including messages and communications that are inspiring, consistent, timely, and deliver transparency and accountability.
- Facilitates and supervises special fundraising projects and events including #WeGiveCatholic, Alleluia Ball and the Bishop’s Golf Classic.
- Supervises the Director of Annual Appeals, Director of Donor Relations and Communications.
- Develop and provide various reports to ensure the CCF is monitoring initiatives’ effectiveness and deploying the most effective fund-raising approaches.
- Work closely with the CCF Fund Development Committee to align and help shape expectations both internally and externally. Develop relationships with the CCF Board with a similar purpose.
- Create a spirit of cooperation amongst the CCF departments while also striving for accountability and results-oriented outcomes with our various fund-raising endeavors.
- Maintains a current knowledge of trends in the field of fund raising and institutional advancement.
- Assists in the promotion of Christian Stewardship.
- Knowledge of and compatibility with the mission of the Catholic Church, and strong working knowledge of the Catholic parish structures and organizations, the Church’s ministerial and pastoral work, and Catholic identity.
- Extensive fundraising experience, with at least five years’ fundraising and management experience.
- Proven track record of development and utilizing networks to support fundraising activity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, with demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings, conduct oral presentations and write documents and reports.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to utilize technology to develop and manage sophisticated fundraising data and support
- Help parishes to optimize their giving, which includes electronic giving.
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Major Gifts, Executive Director and other professional staff, manages appropriate department budget activity.
- Assists in appropriate parish relates fundraising support, including offertory, major and planned giving support as necessary.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Must be a practicing Catholic in full communion with the Church. Demonstrated commitment to the values, beliefs, traditions and teachings of the Catholic Church. Ability to uphold Catholic values, beliefs, traditions, and teachings of the Catholic Church in working with donors and colleagues toward excellence in Christian Stewardship.
- Ability and desire to utilize God-given gifts and talents in service of the local Church in support of the collaboration between lay and ordained ministers of the faith.
- Must be an active member of a parish community in good standing with the Church.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Fundraising, Business, Public Relations, Communications or
- Fluency in donor database management software.
- Successful leadership experience with a strong emphasis on planning as well as managing diverse marketing, philanthropic and communication activities.
- Demonstrated successful experience in several development functions such as major gift fundraising, personal gift solicitation, directing annual appeals as well parish fundraising activity.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references and completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please enter: “Director of Development”. Interviews will begin on June 25, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit www.dioceseofcleveland.org.