Cleveland Animal Protective League
Classification: Full time, Non-exempt (hourly)
Job Relationship: Reports to Annual Fund and Database Manager. Works cooperatively with Senior Director of Development, Donor Relations Officer, Development Associates I & II, donors, volunteers and board members.
Position Summary: Promptly and accurately receives and processes daily gifts, including preparing deposits and acknowledgement letters for mailing, and assists development department as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for receiving and processing all monetary contributions to the Cleveland APL, including internet gifts, and preparing deposits for mail-in, in-person, off-site, and event donations as assigned.
- Provides support to volunteers when they help receive and process daily gifts as assigned.
- Keeps Senior Director of Development and Annual Fund and Database Manager informed of changes in donor activity, large gifts, donor trends, or special requests.
- Proofs acknowledgment letters and prepares letters for mailing as assigned.
- Works to learn the policies and procedures of recording and acknowledging monetary and in-kind donations in Raiser’s Edge, our donor database.
- Responds to donor requests and inquires when appropriate; recognizes when a manager/director should get involved.
- Provides administrative support for the Annual Fund (AF) program, Pet Patter newsletter, and annual Pet Calendar contest.
- Provides support for all APL fundraising events, including, but not limited to, Fur Ball, Channel 3 Telethon, and Fox 8 Telethon.
- Performs general administrative duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Development, Donor Relations Officer, Annual Fund and Database Manager or President/CEO.
Other Job Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Represents the APL in a professional manner at all times; provides quality service to personnel and visitors.
- Participates in donor cultivation/recognition and events as assigned. Informs clients and constituents of donation opportunities as appropriate, cultivating relationships with current and potential donors.
- Actively promotes the APL’s mission, services, programs and events.
- Complies with safety programs and promotes a safe work environment. Takes immediate action to address safety concerns or noncompliance with safety rules that could put any person or the organization at risk.
- Adheres to APL policies and procedures; supports management and discusses differences privately.
- Attends and participates in necessary staff and volunteer meetings.
- Demonstrates flexibility with scheduling and is available when away from the facility as needed to meet the needs of the organization. Regular work days are flexible but periodic coverage on weekend days, as well as early mornings or later evenings, may be required.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management; able to prioritize workload.
- Performs other duties as assigned, and seeks additional responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills and proven attention to detail.
- Ability to prepare detailed, correct written work, and perform accurate data-entry
- Strong verbal and customer service skills to include the ability to respond to common inquiries.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion and to handle confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Windows applications, specifically MS Word and Excel
- Must have compassion and concern for both animals and people.
- Supports the APL’s desire to celebrate a diverse and inclusive culture that fuels the compassion that connects us to one another.
- High School Diploma or GED
- College degree preferred.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and insurable driving record.
EEOC: The Cleveland APL is an equal opportunity employer and is looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
To apply for this job please visit clevelandapl.org.