Cuyahoga County Public Library
CCPL is currently seeking a Special Events Coordinator here in Northeast Ohio. Under general direction, with alternating periods of relative autonomy and general review, manages and participates in all aspects of planning major fundraising events in support of the Cuyahoga County Public Library Foundation, as well as various stewardship events, author lectures, and activities with donors. Coordinates venue, logistics, invitations, sponsorships, tracks revenue and expenses. Coordinates with Marketing Department on print, website, and email communications and event program development for in-person and virtual events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Complies with Cuyahoga County Public Library’s policies, rules, guidelines, procedures, requirements, standards, and practices applicable to the job, including (but not limited to) work scheduling and attendance, customer service, use of Library property, computer use, personal conduct, and confidentiality.
- As a project lead, coordinates and delegates where appropriate, all aspects of planning the Library’s annual golf outing, Reading the Green: venue, logistics, marketing materials – print and email, tracking sponsors, revenue and expenses.
- As a project lead, coordinates and delegates where appropriate, all aspects of fundraising efforts for Writers Center Stage to raise sponsorships and program advertisements. Tracks revenues and expenses. Coordinates with Marketing Department on Writers Center Stage print and email communications and event program development.
- As a project lead, coordinates and delegates where appropriate, all aspects of fundraising efforts for CCPL Foundation’s annual fundraiser: event venue, logistics, marketing materials – print and email, tracking sponsors, revenue and expenses.
- Supports the CCPL Foundation Board Special Events Committee. Participates in committee meetings and garners Board Member support and involvement in events.
- Recruiting, assigning and training the volunteers and staff to support all CCPL fundraising events.
- Develop stewardship plan for event sponsors to help maintain relationships between events and encourage increases in their involvement and financial support.
- Helps maintain integrity of fundraising software with accurate constituent contact and bio information, actions, and notes.
Summary Minimum Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field.
- Preferred experience includes two to four years of demonstrated experience in nonprofit special event fundraising.
- Must have ability to utilize common business programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
OTHER TESTING/LICENSES REQUIRED
- A valid driver’s license is required, as is reliable personal transportation and in-force automobile insurance.
- A criminal background check is required, as are pre-employment drug and nicotine screens.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is subject to working some evening and weekend events.
- Involves frequent use of computer terminal.
- Involves some travel to event venues and branches within the CCPL service area.
- Competitive benefits
- Great pay
- Work life balance
- Top of the line programming
- Engaging wellness plan
- And so much more.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.