Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad
The Director of Development reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and oversees all of the organization’s fundraising and manages relationships with a company’s financial partners. Their duties include planning fundraising events, interacting with donors to encourage ongoing contributions, managing member data base, and seeking out opportunities for financial support through grants and sponsorships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Establishes short- and long-range goals for funding sources. Works with staff to develop and implement funding-related projects or programs.
· Identifies and researches new sources of funding.
· Strategizes and orchestrates methods of approach to individual, corporate and foundation donors.
· Leads and manages various methods of cultivation and solicitation including electronic, direct mail, and face-to-face visits.
· Strategizes and delegates appropriate donor communication materials in support of fundraising objectives.
· Manages donor recognition and stewardship.
· Supervises and coordinates records maintenance and maintains an accurate accounting of all donations and grants.
· Maintains current understanding of strategic initiatives, focus areas, successes and overall results to effectively communicate to donors and at community events.
· Attends internal and external meetings, and community events as required.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work and may not list all duties.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org