Archbishop Hoban High School
Position: Director of Advancement – Annual Giving & Alumni Relations
Division: Institutional Advancement
Reports to: Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Position Summary: This position is responsible for organizing and managing all aspects of the Archbishop Hoban High School annual giving strategies including the Hoban Fund and grant proposal writing, which provides critical unrestricted, temporarily restricted operating support, and endowment support to all areas of the institution. The Director will coordinate and conduct both personal and direct marketing solicitations of alumni, parents and friends of the school to ensure the continued growth and sustainability of the Hoban Fund both dollars and donors.
The Director will also develop and manage a comprehensive alumni relations program. The Director should increase alumni giving phone-a-thon participation and support through strong communication, personal interaction and alumni reunion events in order to maintain and strengthen positive relationships with students and alumni to encourage their continued long-term interaction with the Hoban community.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement effective annual giving programs to increase both dollars and donors.
- Implement fundraising best practices while adhering to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Regularly solicit alumni, friends and parents for gifts to the Hoban Fund via a robust solicitation calendar with methods including but not limited to phone-a-thons, direct mail, social media, digital methods and personal solicitation.
- Track and report on the effectiveness of all solicitations by donor type.
- Oversee production of annual giving reports; provide analysis of giving trends.
- Work with the board of directors and Advancement committee to secure their personal annual gifts.
- Work with the board of trustees and Advancement committee to secure new annual fund donors to the school from each board member’s unique spheres of influence.
- Budget for yearly annual giving and alumni relations activities.
- Work with school leadership including president and principal on strategies for acquiring new donors from current and former parents/families.
- Work with school leadership including the principal and department chairs to seek and secure grant funding for programming.
- Design and implement productive volunteer opportunities for alumni through the Hoban Alumni Association.
- Facilitate on-campus activities, such as alumni reunions or the annual Endowment Scholarship Luncheons, to bring alumni and interested individuals to campus for fellowship, personal enrichment, and continuing education.
- Work with campus community to build communication and benefits offered to alumni.
- Recruit and train alumni leaders and volunteers.
- Meet with student groups to introduce them to alumni activities and encourage their participation in alumni events.
Qualifications & Special Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and manage multiple tasks, details, and support staff.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- 3-5 years of experience in annual giving, membership, or alumni relations in an education environment or other equivalent non-profit environment.
- Grant writing proficiency highly desirable.
- Demonstrated track record of fundraising success.
- Ability to represent Archbishop Hoban High School and the Office of Institutional Advancement professionally.
- Must be capable of working with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Must be flexible with work schedule and available to work weekends and evenings, as necessary.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Ability to work either independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to respond with sensitivity and awareness to those with diverse cultural, ethnic, social backgrounds, values, attitudes and languages.
- Computer literate with a solid knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and knowledge and experience with donor management software; Raiser’s Edge experience highly preferred.
- Social media knowledge, experience, and understanding is highly desirable.
- Knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of the Holy Cross traditions is valued.
- Certification in Fundraising Management (CFRM) or Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) desirable.
A competitive compensation package will be offered for this position based upon the successful candidate’s education, skills, experience, and potential for contribution toward the success of Archbishop Hoban High School. The position offers attractive benefits/vacation package and excellent working environment.
We fully respect the need for confidentiality of information supplied by interested parties and assure them that their backgrounds and interests will not be discussed with anyone, including the leadership of the school, without prior consent, nor will reference contacts be made until mutual interest has been established.
We invite qualified candidates to consider becoming part of our community by completing an online application at www.hoan.org and to include a cover letter, résumé, and three references. Posting will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.hoban.org.