Forging Industry Association
Operations & Foundation Development Specialist
Forging Industry Association – Cleveland, OH
Salary range is $45,000 to $65,000 per year, depending on experience.
The Forging Industry Association (FIA) is a trade association based in downtown Cleveland that provides its members with industry benchmarking, global networking, world-class training and education, and public policy advocacy. For over 108 years, FIA has been the primary source of information for the North American forging industry. The Forging Industry Educational and Research Foundation (FIERF) is a supporting organization to FIA that provides a framework for forging industry collaborative research, awards undergraduate scholarships, funds technology development, and transfers technology to the forging industry.
FIA is seeking a dynamic, talented and passionate individual to serve as its Operations & Foundation Development Specialist . This role will work closely with FIA’s President & CEO to increase foundation donations and engagement level of existing member companies in the North American forging industry.
The FIA Operations & Foundation Development Specialist is responsible for the overall foundation donations and engagement of FIA members with foundation programs, including project management of FIA’s e-learning platform Forging University.
– Serve as backup registrar for FIA and FIERF meetings, workshops and training courses.
– Lead planning and execution of foundation events including
– FIERF Golf Outing, Silent Auction, IFC 2022 and FIERF Technical Conference.
– Produce marketing collateral to support Forging Foundation donation solicitations and events.
– Serve as liaison for up to two FIA committees
– Assist with FIA Magazine content development and editorial review (FIERF section of magazine)
– Assist with FIA Magazine ad sales efforts
– Co-Liaison for FIA Technical Committee
– Travels to and assists with other events as needed
– Lead implementation of new Forging University (e-learning) software as a project manager and manage the sourcing of content new courses
– Main point of contact and liaison for Forging Foundation MAGNET schools, professors and educational relationships
– Assist in maintaining membership database (iMIS) and maximizing its potential (will provide training, if not experienced with iMIS).
– Oversees www.FIERF.org website content and keeps information and resources up to date
– Other operational support responsibilities that may be assigned.
– College degree required (Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree)
– Three years of relevant work experience. Helpful but not required: experience working for a trade association, membership-based organization or other service-based organization (profit or non-profit).
– Strong computer skills and extremely proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
– Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
– Exemplary communication skills both oral and written.
– Good sales and marketing skills.
– Professional disposition and demeanor.
– Ability to travel overnight to member meetings and tradeshows, when necessary.
Salary range for this position is $45,000 to $65,000 per year, depending on abilities and experience. This is a professional exempt position. No relocation expenses are available. FIA also provides outstanding benefits that include 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life/AD&D insurance (all effective on date of hire); as well as 401(k) plan contribution and match. Breakfast, lunch & snacks provided (in-office).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
At FIA, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status by federal, state or local law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.
For more information about FIA please visit www.forging.org and FIERF please visit www.fierf.org.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@forging.org