Greater Cleveland Food Bank
Choose a career where you can better someone else’s life, while bettering your own. The Greater Cleveland Food Bank is the largest hunger relief organization in Northeast Ohio having provided over 50 million meals in 2018 to hungry people in Cuyahoga, Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, Ashland and Richland counties. The organization’s mission is to ensure that everyone in these communities has the nutritious food they need every day.
Apply for a position at Greater Cleveland Food Bank where we offer a culture of learning and development, competitive pay and amazing benefits including Low Cost Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Generous Retirement Plan and Holiday Pay all starting on first day of hire and paid time off which starts after 90 days.
This position is responsible for increasing individual giving through relationship building and effective, timely donor stewardship. The Development Stewardship Coordinator reports into the Sr. Manager of Donor Relations, helping to develop and execute against an integrated donor stewardship plan that includes making personal donor thank you calls, sending follow-up emails or letters, managing a portfolio of mid-level donors who are being qualified for major gifts, and executing scheduled stewardship activities and events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This list is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
· Build relationships with new, loyal and mid-level donors via stewardship phone calls, emails, follow-up mailings, tours and special events.
· Retain annual donors and increase donor value through stewardship and cultivation actions, while qualifying mid-level donors as major donor prospects.
· Develop customized stewardship plans and execute follow-up actions that are tailored to donors based on research and insights from donor interactions.
· Actively manage a portfolio of mid-level donors through regular stewardship updates.
· Coordinate special donor stewardship projects throughout the year (i.e. annual report, impact report, holiday cards, etc.) including content development, audience selection, mail merges, mailing production, etc.
· Oversee volunteer stewardship projects such as volunteers who make “thank you” calls on GCFB’s behalf as well as assist with stewardship mailings
· Support the Individual Giving Coordinator with the execution and collation of portfolio donor solicitations and special mailings (i.e. direct mail appeals, Harvest of Hope annual invite/induction mailing, Summer Match Pool solicitation)
· Utilize Raiser’s Edge to track donor interactions and donor details, as well as create and run queries to systematically identify new donors to engage and tracking results of stewardship efforts
· Provide quarterly reports on giving patterns to reflect upgrades, conversion rates and retention rates
· Conduct research on donors via Wealth Engine, LinkedIn, Google, etc.
· Coordinate special donor volunteer events in partnership with Volunteer Services and Operations identify appropriate dates/times and projects, coordinate mail and electronic invitations/reminders, manage RSVPs, handle event logistics (agenda, Food Bank representatives, food/entertainment, etc.)
· Serve as a back-up to the Individual Giving Coordinator for daily gift coding and timely processing of acknowledgement letters; code gifts from individuals in accordance with established business rules and handle acknowledgement letters for portfolio donors and other special groups based on established logic and processes
· Represent the Food Bank at various community events (Harvest for Hunger kickoff event and recognition ceremony, community food & fund drives, etc.)
· Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to three years related fundraising/customer service/call center experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, when necessary. Proficiency in Windows-based computer software is required. Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus. This position requires strong attention to detail, effective multitasking skills, ability to work in a team atmosphere and manage a flexible schedule.
Don’t just apply for a job, apply at the Greater Cleveland Food Bank where our passion is feeding those in need and feeding the need for purposeful work. At the Food Bank diversity and inclusion are an important element of our culture and our organizational success.
Proud to be a North Coast 99 Employer for 2020, 2019, 2018 & 2017
To apply for this job please visit clevelandfoodbank.hrmdirect.com.