Greater Cleveland Foodbank
The Development Specialist, Capital Campaign, will assist in the management of the capital and capacity-building campaign. This position will work closely with the VP of Philanthropy on identifying prospective donors and assist in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies. The Development Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the prospect pipeline, plan and timeline, fundraising progress reports and insuring thank you letters are processed and sent on a timely basis. This individual will develop campaign reports and collateral materials, manage donor recognition and stewardship policies and procedures for the campaign and timely report campaign progress to a variety of audiences.
The Development Specialist, Capital Campaign will focus on the Greater Cleveland Food Bank’s expansion project and capital campaign for Coit Road and the reimagined So. Waterloo facility. This position will work closely with the VP of Philanthropy, the Director of Development and the major gift team as well as the Campaign Leadership Committee and outside consultants to the campaign. The incumbent will manage individual campaign donors and further those relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This list is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the overall campaign management and organization including prospect pipeline tracking, quarterly benchmarks, prospect strategy, maintaining and improving communication channels, task assignment, and maintenance of timelines
- Collaborate with GCFB development staff in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of campaign prospects and donors, and lead prospect strategy meetings to drive activity
- Work with campaign volunteers, including organizing and monitoring volunteer assignments and follow-up, coordinating committee communications and campaign updates, and assist in all aspects of volunteer-led meetings and/or events
- Assist in the preparation of talking points, presentations, and full meeting prep for campaign volunteers and GCFB leadership
- Work with staff responsible for gift processing and finance to ensure proper recording, allocation, documentation, acknowledgement, and analysis of campaign gifts and pledges
- Advance a cohesive campaign communications strategy, including overseeing and managing campaign-related publications (the campaign website, newsletters, recognition materials, donor communications, etc.) by working with our internal Communications team and outside consultants
- Coordinate with staff and leadership to develop and implement fundraising strategies for the public community phase of the campaign, including any appeals or targeted publicity
- Collaborate with GCFB staff and across the organization in promoting a culture of inclusive philanthropy, rooted in best practices and guided by the GCFB mission
- Perform and fulfill such other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- Maintain required job knowledge and skills and core professional competencies.
- Attend and participate in required educational programs and staff meetings.
Requires a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (or the equivalent). Two or more years’ development experience, or equivalent. Prior campaign experience a plus. Knowledge of best practices in fundraising policies and approaches. Exceptional organization and communication skills – verbal and written – to effectively and enthusiastically convey information both internally and externally. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and donor/CRM databases (Raiser’s Edge or other) preferred. Local travel may be required. The candidate must be a highly motivated professional with the ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment; establish priorities, develop timetables, and handle multiple assignments; and engage donors and prospects with sincerity and enthusiasm. The Development Specialist, Capital Campaign must be able to represent the Board of Directors and President & CEO by interacting and effectively communicating with various constituencies, such as business professionals, community leaders, Food Bank volunteers, staff, and others. An understanding and appreciation for the Greater Cleveland Food Bank’s mission and the cause of fighting hunger in the Greater Cleveland area is highly desired.
To apply for this job please visit clevelandfoodbank.hrmdirect.com.