Hunger Network, a non-profit organization which envisions that no one goes hungry and no food goes to waste seeks a full-time Development Director.
Hunger Network is a consortium of 74 hunger centers that are strategically placed across Cuyahoga County which provide emergency food supplies and hot meals to our neighbors who need it most. Additionally, we bridge the gap between hunger and food waste through the innovative Food Rescue Hero app, which allows us to bring fresh food directly into our neighborhoods.
The Development Director plans and executes a comprehensive resource development and stewardship program designed to accomplish the strategic goals of the organization. This position requires independent judgment, decision-making, creativity and analysis of problems, and a high degree of diplomacy and discretion. It requires leadership and planning skills, cooperative teamwork and the ability to interact with a variety of people working on diverse levels across the organization. The ideal candidate has a high level of discernment and professionalism at all times. This individual must be growth minded with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and also be willing to roll up their sleeves in all aspects of the position. This position reports directly to the CEO, works in conjunction with the Marketing & Communications Manager and supervises the Special Events & Corporate Relations Manager.
Key Role: Lead and direct all aspects of the Development Department
- Work with CEO to develop, execute and monitor a comprehensive resource development and stewardship plan including goals, strategies, and benchmarks for all fundraising activities and targeted annual fund campaigns; enlist other staff in the process.
- In conjunction with the CEO and the Board of Trustees, poise the organization for financial growth and future sustainability by effectively balancing and diversifying new and current revenue streams.
- Forecast and recommend annual revenue projections for the organization’s annual operating budget; monitor, anticipate and adjust revenue streams throughout the year as necessary; project and oversee all development department expenditures.
- Serve as the primary staff liaison for the Board of Trustee’s Advancement Committee designed to analyze and guide fundraising strategies.
- In conjunction with the Marketing & Communications Manager, coordinate print and digital production for annual report, quarterly newsletters, annual fund and special appeals.
- Supervise and support the Special Events & Corporate Relations Manager in executing several fundraising events throughout the fiscal year.
- Provide engaging presentations to community groups about Hunger Network’s mission, impact and fundraising initiatives.
- Effectively utilize donor data base to build capacity and function as a comprehensive, centralized platform to segment donor data, manage stewardship and communications, and oversee all fundraising efforts.
- Drive efficiencies in all areas of responsibility.
- All other duties as assigned.
Major Gifts and Donor Cultivation
- Establish and implement ongoing major gifts and planned giving programs.
- Serve as primary liaison for the organization’s donor-driven funds.
- Manage and grow individual donor pipeline through annual appeal strategies and engagement outreach.
- Work with CEO and members of the Board on donor identification, prospecting, and solicitation strategies.
- Create a stewardship program, identify creative benefits, and create innovative packaging including welcome and retention materials along with a variety of donor reactivation campaigns.
- Establish and monitor an effective internal foundation and corporate grants management system.
- Build and maintain solid, ongoing relationships with foundations and serve as the primary contact for program officers.
- Lead efforts for CEO and with other key staff on proposal development, reports, and collateral materials for grants.
- Research and prepare grant applications; ensure compliance with grant timelines, terms and conditions; maintain records and materials to support each application; and prepare grant reports.
- Act as lead point person for securing high level corporate event sponsorships.
- Participate in and assist with all Hunger Network special events; help identify and cultivate corporate sponsorships.
- Develop customized donor-centric approaches and communication sequences that achieve high conversion, retention, acquisition and loyalty to move donors up the giving pyramid.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications Manager to develop strategies to increase the effectiveness of online fundraising.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of development and fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector; CFRE not required, but a plus.
- Strong understanding of current best practices and local trends in fundraising and philanthropy with experience working in the Greater Cleveland community.
- Direct experience in and understanding of digital platforms and their use in fundraising.
- Proficiency with Donor Perfect, or other donor database software required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies with a variety of funders, including corporations, foundations and individuals required.
- Experience building donor relationships and soliciting asks for gifts up to $50,000.
- Exceptional research, writing, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Some weekend and evening hours required.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and automobile insurance required.
- Background check required
Excellent benefits package available. Salary range is $70,000 to $85,000 commensurate with experience. EOE. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com