InMotion is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to help people with Parkinson’s disease feel better every day through life-changing physical wellness, creative movement, arts, education, support and research programs. Since our programming is leading to ground-breaking research, what we are achieving at InMotion is helping others worldwide who are living with Parkinson’s disease.
POSITION – Database Manager
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (“CDO”), the Database Manager is responsible for accurately and efficiently maintaining the integrity of and managing all aspects of InMotion’s donor database.
- Processing and acknowledging gifts in a timely manner
- Maintaining an effective data management system which includes creation and updating of mailing lists and donor communications and records
- Writing and maintaining all queries and reports
- Compiling monthly financial reports and ongoing fundraising reports
- Participating in all organization special events
- Researching donor prospects
- Assisting with bookkeeping as appropriate
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process and acknowledge all gifts to ensure that all donors are properly recorded and thanked. Follow departmental policies to properly book cash and non-cash gifts into donor database and provide acknowledgements within 24-48 hours.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor records.
- Create and maintain all queries and reports for development staff, Chief Executive Officer, and volunteers to provide the necessary tools for constituent cultivation, event planning, grant applications, appeal solicitations, donor recognition, and financial reporting. Compile daily and monthly financial reports and ongoing fundraising reports for the development department to reconcile, analyze and interpret revenue and projections.
- Create and manage appeals/package IDs in accordance with established business rules and coding logic.
- Create and maintain custom reports which reach beyond the scope of current database standard reports to establish measurable metrics of the performance of appeals, events, grants and other development department goals.
- With the CDO, create and maintain policies and procedures along with business rules for data management and gift processing.
- Under the direction of the CDO/CEO, process and manage accounts receivable.
- Provide support to the CDO through the management of third-party software programs as they interface with Blackbaud programs, specifically Raiser’s Edge.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings and strategic planning sessions. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed, in support of events.
This job description does not state or imply that these are not the only duties that may be performed by an employee in this classification. The employee will be required to perform other related duties as required by the CDO.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-starter, excellent time management skills, exceptional written and verbal communication, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once with changing priorities.
- Is goal-oriented, takes initiative on all projects, and seeks opportunities to assist with a wide range of fundraising projects within a development department.
- Superb attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ability to work well with limited or direct supervision.
- Strong expertise using technology, including Microsoft Office, fundraising databases and social media.
- Experience generating queries, reports and exports utilizing Blackbaud programs, specifically Raiser’s Edge, is required.
- Excellent “people person” with a friendly personality and positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, although individuals with relevant work experience will be considered.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with Raiser’s Edge software.
- High proficiency with MS Office products and databases, including Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Quickbooks.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate some evening and/or weekend event activities.
- Experience with social media, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter a plus.
- Ability to take initiative and work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and compassion for people with a chronic disease.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Nancy McCann, Chief Development Officer, 4829 Galaxy Parkway, Suite M, Warrensville Heights, OH 44128. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com