The Director of Development will work closely with the CEO and volunteer leadership to identify, solicit and steward gifts in support of InMotion’s mission. InMotion prides itself on its commitment to developing transformational relationships with its prospects and donors. This value is woven into all annual plans, activities, campaigns, and communications aspects of the organization.
Fundraising activities include the annual appeal, an annual walk/run, major/planned gift solicitation, and grants. Currently, this position supervises a full-time Database Manager.
Effectively deploying and managing InMotion’s internal resources, the Director of Development will be responsible for the following:
- Identifying new funding sources and relationships and soliciting gifts
- Stewarding and upgrading existing funding sources and relationships
Fulfilling these priorities will include the following:
- Solicit and close gifts
- Draft, execute and evaluate the annual fundraising plan with input from the CEO, Development Committee Chair and other board members as appropriate; establish and maintain annual metrics to track fundraising efforts
- Initiate and nurture relationships: prospects, lapsed donors, current donors, corporate partners, foundation program officers, board members, community partners and others
- Identify and deploy internal resources to achieve fundraising goals by ensuring that the President & CEO and Board of Directors are effectively used for donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Create donor campaigns and acknowledgements that incorporate all appropriate channels (direct mail, email, phone solicitation, in-person meetings) to target specific donor segments for unrestricted funding; work in tandem with the CEO and key board members to engage regularly with major/planned gift donors and prospects
- Identify and solicit event sponsors as well as potential corporate program partners
- Collaborate with CEO on grants, including identifying and researching prospective grants; meeting with program officers; writing outlines/full proposals; editing proposals; completing necessary reports for awarded grants
- Develop process for ensuring donor and constituent contacts, data, and touches are current in Raisers Edge
- 5+ years in nonprofit development position OR equivalent work experience that highlights skills required for a development position
- Experience in annual fund-building and stewarding relationships
- Knowledge of comprehensive fund development plans with direct experience developing and implementing these plans preferred
- Commitment to the fundraising profession’s highest ethical standards
InMotion, a nonprofit organization located in Cleveland, OH, is at the forefront of community-based programming for people with Parkinson’s disease. Since opening our doors in 2015, InMotion serves over 1,100 participants in Northeast Ohio. Our integrated and holistic wellness program is designed to complement the care our participants receive from their healthcare team in ways that address mind, body and spirit. InMotion is completely funded through donations from individuals, businesses, and foundations and offers its programs free of charge to people with Parkinson’s disease, eliminating the barrier of cost for the people it serves.
Submit a letter of interest and resume to: Cathe Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com