Lake View Cemetery Foundation
Lake View Cemetery Foundation
Lake View Cemetery was founded in 1869 and sits on 285 acres of land. The cemetery is so named because it is partially located in the “heights” area of Great Cleveland, with a view of Lake Erie to the north. It was modeled after the great garden cemeteries of Victorian England and France. The James A. Garfield Memorial is the most prominent point of interest at Lake View Cemetery. The ornate interior features a large marble statue, stained glass and bas relief, and various historical relics from Garfield’s life and presidency. The memorial also serves as a scenic observation deck and picnic area. President and Mrs. Garfield are entombed in the lower level crypt, their coffins placed side by side and visible to cemetery visitors. Another prominent structure in the cemetery is the Wade Chapel. A small but magnificent chapel with a tiffany window and elegant Biblically inspired mosaics on the walls, the edifice is still used for small weddings and located north and down the hill from the Garfield Memorial.
The mission of the Foundation is to maintain, preserve and enhance for the benefit of the public, the historically and architecturally significant buildings and monuments, botanical gardens and landscapes of Lake View Cemetery.
The Lake View Cemetery Foundation is seeking a Database Administrator.
Gift and donor information is maintained in an internet-based product called Little Green Light (LGL). This position requires strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize as well as multi-task.
The position will work with the donor foundation database, LGL, as well as Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Publisher, and Power Point. Experience in LGL and or Raisers Edge is a plus.
Position Type: Full-time, Regular
Reports To: Executive Director of the Lake View Cemetery Foundation
Employment Classification: Non-Exempt
Work Hours: Full time, Monday-Friday 8:30 to 5:00 p.m., with occasional early morning, evening and weekend meetings or activities.
Location: Lake View Cemetery, 12316 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106.
Responsibilities and Duties
Basic Functions and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Entry of donor information and activity into – Little Green Light (LGL)
· Responsible for creating queries and reports pertaining to donor activity and giving
· Integrating online transactions into LGL and responsible for daily deposits of donations
· Maintaining the integrity of data – routine
· Timely (48 hours of receipt of gift) administration of donor acknowledgement letters
· Monitoring event registration and follow-up
· Coordinating Foundation mailings, appeals and solicitations
· Manage all wealth prospect research
· Assist with miscellaneous foundation and fundraising tasks
· Help plan foundation events
· Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
· Associate Degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Strong understanding of applications and processes of relational databases
· Strong attention to details, accuracy
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Publisher, Power Point.
· Highly organized and motivated
· Skilled in managing multiple projects effectively
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Flexible and cooperative
· Commensurate with level of expertise.
· Status/Pay/Benefits: Full-Time, exempt, excellent benefits package including medical vision and dental coverage, a fully vested 401(k) retirement plan, and generous PTO.
For more information on the position and the organization please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, include a cover letter with resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com