Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry
LMM seeks a Director of Development with donor relations experience, an engaging personality and the ability to articulate a compelling case for support. The Director of Development is responsible for leading individual giving, and stewarding support from groups/clubs and faith-based partners to support LMM programs, strategic priorities and fundraising initiatives.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Create a Development Plan to secure contributions to LMM from individuals, groups and faith partners.
- With support from the VP of Development & Communications, strategize and steward contributions of annual gifts, major gifts, planned gifts, and legacy gifts.
- Coordinate fundraising appeals with Communications Staff and program leaders.
- Create strategies to avoid conflicts between various fundraising campaigns and solicitations.
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge of LMM, its funding priorities, and giving opportunities
Donor & Volunteer Relations
- Manage a portfolio of 250+ active donors and hundreds of prospects.
- Conduct donor identification, qualification, and cultivation.
- Collaborate with agency programs and other initiatives to engage donors, volunteers, groups/clubs and faith-based entities in meaningful ways.
- Organize visits or events with individuals, groups/clubs and faith-based entities.
- Prepare materials for donor meetings.
- Collaborate with volunteer coordinators to secure in-kind donations and enable volunteer engagement.
Development Reporting & Tracking
- Maintain accurate records of charitable giving and giving ranges for donors.
- Report fundraising progress to the department, senior leadership and the LMM Board on a regular basis.
- Track and assess committed pledges, payments and totals on a consistent basis; send reminders as needed.
- Develop reporting and tracking methods for fund development prospects via database notes, create and maintain file folders, develop contact reports/notes, cultivation and solicitation updates, correspondence and other documentation.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Participate in the planning and execution of special events, annual agency fundraiser(s), etc.
- Attend special events as a representative of LMM when needed.
- Actively participate in quality improvement activities and professional development.
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with internal and external constituencies.
- Make presentations to major donors, community groups and faith-based entities about LMM.
- Perform other duties as assigned that support the development and communications department.
- Maintain high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adherence to confidentiality policies.
- Comply with policies and procedures governing the program and agency.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities*
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in donor relations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with database and donor tracking.
- Demonstrate LMM’s philanthropic values of generosity, kindness and hope.
- Adaptable to a variety of work collaborations and environments; from staff, board, congregations and volunteers, to pubs, private estates and pulpits
- Knowledge of and experience with annual campaigns, major gifts, planned giving and estate planning (wills, trusts, estate plans and gift tax laws), or a willingness to receive training.
- Experience with donor management systems/databases.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision.
- Proven experience handling highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license and proof of insurance, required.
Salary commensurate with experience. LMM offers paid time off, a generous benefits package and the ability to partially work from home. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to social justice. Diverse candidates and individuals with lived experience are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.lutheranmetro.org.