Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry
A mission-driven organization, Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry (LMM) serves people in Northeast Ohio and walks with them on their road to self-sufficiency. LMM helps empower people to overcome barriers, obtain job skills, gain employment, locate safe and stable housing, access counseling and support services, stay out of prison, and secure second chances in community. Our mission is to promote shalom (peace, well-being) and justice (right relationships) through a Christian ministry of service and advocacy with those who are oppressed, forgotten and hurting.
The Director of Development is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding current and potential individual donors, groups/clubs and faith-based entities to secure gifts in support of Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry’s (LMM) programs, strategic priorities and fundraising initiatives. The Director of Development also has responsibility for the management and oversight of the LMM Fund, planned giving and legacy gifts, with a portfolio of approximately 250 active donors.
Some of the duties include:
• Develop an annual Individual & Community Giving Fund Development Plan to secure contributions to LMM
• Coordinate fundraising appeals to compliment and leverage electronic solicitations, web and social media
• Identify and strategize through possible conflicts between various campaigns and solicitations
• Collaborate with volunteer coordinators to engage contributions of time and in-kind resources
• Manage a portfolio of 250+ active donors and hundreds of prospects with specific annual goals and benchmarks
• Maintain accurate records of charitable giving and giving ranges for individuals, groups and faith-based entities
• Identify prospect and organize visits or events with individuals, groups/clubs and faith-based entities efficiently and strategically
• Record fundraising progress by reporting out on the LMM Fund, major gifts, planned gifts and legacy gifts on a monthly basis.
• Track and assess committed pledges, payments and totals on a monthly basis; send reminders to donors on a regular basis to ensure commitments are kept
• Develop reporting and tracking methods for fund development prospects via database notes
• Create and maintain file folders, develop contact reports/notes, cultivation and solicitation updates, correspondence and other documentation
• Provide, as needed, updated reports on donor activity and campaigns or appeals
Our ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred. The candidate must have knowledge of and experience with database and donor tracking systems and a minimum of 5 years of experience in development or related field. Also, the candidate must have knowledge with annual campaigns, major gifts, planned giving and estate planning, including wills, trusts, and estate & gift tax laws. A valid Ohio driver license, reliable transportation and proof of insurance, required.
LMM offers a number of benefits for full time staff including, but not limited to: medical dental, vision, disability, life, generous paid time off, and a 403 (b) retirement savings plan. LMM embraces cultural diversity and is Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Join our team! Go to www.lutheranmetro.org/employment to complete an online application and attach a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume. Applications accepted until position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com