Magnificat High School
Position Opening: Director of Alumnae Relations
The Director of Alumnae Relations role exists to support and implement the Mission of Magnificat High School. The Director of Alumnae Relations will be responsible for planning, implementing, and promoting Magnificat High School’s alumnae programs and activities. This role will work to broaden the base of alumnae involvement and act as a liaison between the school and the Alumnae Board, as well as be able to evaluate current programming, add creative opportunities to engage all constituencies, and both cultivate and steward Magnificat alumnae.
Reports to: Senior Director of Development and Alumnae Relations
Classification: Exempt, Full time 12 months
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Lead the development and maintenance of relationships and communications with a focus on alumnae that are donors or prospective donors to Magnificat.
- Meet annual metrics set for increasing alumnae engagement and philanthropic support.
- Meets regularly with the Senior Director of Development and Alumnae Relations concerning goals and objectives, to ensure alumnae programs are actively supporting Development efforts.
- Develop metrics and analytics to evaluate alumnae engagement; identify trends and suggest strategies to increase engagement and donors within all constituencies.
- Work with the Alumnae Board to move agenda initiatives forward and facilitate Alumnae events such as:
- Regional Reunions
- Reunion Weekend
- Lourdes Academy Reunion
- Athletic Hall of Fame
- Alumnae Happy Hours
- Wellness Events
- Night in Blue
- Magnificat Blue Streak Barristers group meetings and activities
- Retreats: Advent and Lent
- Identify and assist Class Committee Representatives in reunion planning and securing attendance and participation in reunion activities, including reunion giving challenges.
- Identify and refer major gifts prospects to the development team; opportunity to manage a prospect portfolio.
- Working with the Magnificat Communications staff, provide content for the monthly Email news blast and distribute to Alumnae, current parents, friends and other constituents.
Use Magnificat Alumnae social media channels to drive engagement and broaden alumnae networks (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Keep a comprehensive list of class updates and in memoriam list for the Magnificat Magazine and monthly e-news.
- Maintain and update alumnae webpages and the online “In Memoriam” list.
- Send death notices and related information to alumnae groups when classmates die.
- Collaborate with the Student Life office to identify potential Learn at Lunch alumnae speakers.
- Assist with the annual Gala event.
- Assist the Director of Development with student body participation for annual Giving Day.
- Assist the Vice President of Advancement and President with all fundraising initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Degree in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years non-profit experience specifically in event planning; pattern of growth in advancement areas; experience in social networking, particularly using evolving internet opportunities
- Raiser’s Edge database experience preferred
- Proven track record of success with working with teams of volunteers to design and implement events and engagement opportunities that deliver results
- Solid writing, editing and project management experience
- Experience with advancement and constituent relations in a private school or non-profit setting preferred
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and managerial skills.
Exceptional listening, writing, and presentation skills. A collaborative leadership style with ideas and people.
- Extremely organized and able to work with many people in a fast-paced environment.
- Data driven analysis and decision making.
- Take initiative recommending and facilitating improvements to systems, protocols, and events.
- Strategic mindset with analytic and technological depth
Ability to manage internal and external resources
- Strong presentation skills
- High proficiency on Microsoft Office and Google platforms.
- Comfortable with technologies that support student record management, analytical reporting, and social media.
- Excellent time management skills and flexibility.
- Strong belief in, and respect for, the Mission of Magnificat High School and the School’s values: Lifelong Learning, Collaboration, Compassion, Respect, Commitment, and Faith-Filled Life.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit electronically (preferably PDFs) the following:
Cover letter expressing interest in position and current resume;
List of three references (at least 2 must be professional references) with name, phone number and email address for each reference.
Kerry Capka, Vice President of Operations
Magnificat High School, 20770 Hilliard Boulevard, Rocky River, OH 44116
Applications accepted through September 25, 2021.
Magnificat High School is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment. For applicants with disabilities: in order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected under Title 1 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (as amended) applicants that require accommodation with the application process may contact the Human Resources at 440-331-1572 .
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com