Ohio State Bar Foundation
The Ohio State Bar Foundation (OSBF) seeks an experienced development professional to support their mission: to educate the public about the rule of law and build a better justice system. Every year the OSBF grants over $750,000 to Ohio nonprofits that educate and serve society’s most vulnerable members.
2020 Fall Grant Recipients:
- Law and Leadership Institute
- Central Ohio Worker Center
- Advocating Opportunity
- Equality Ohio
- Ohio Alliance of YMCAs Foundation
- Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio
- All Choices Matter
- Council on American-Islamic Relations Ohio
- Immigrant and Refugee Law Center
- Artemis Center for Alternatives to Domestic Violence
The Development Director will use innovative philanthropic approaches to engage diverse audiences and bring them together in support of a common goal. Passion combined with fundraising expertise will inspire generosity from the community of Ohio legal professionals.
The next Development Director has the opportunity to effect meaningful change throughout the state of Ohio. As they develop and enact a fundraising strategy for the largest bar foundation in the US, they have the chance to make their mark—within the organization and beyond. By expanding contributions to the OSBF endowment, they will ensure that the Foundation is able to continue funding timely initiatives that pave the way for systemic reform.
The Development Director will:
- be a strategic and dynamic fund development leader;
- have a deep understanding of fundraising principals, methods, and tactics;
- be highly collaborative and a strong motivator for the Board, Fellows, and staff; and
- be able to establish effective relationships with the legal and justice community, Foundation Fellows, and corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
The Position Qualifications
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Five years of progressively responsible fundraising experience, including donor cultivation and solicitation for significant gifts and proven history of fundraising success
- Ohio residency and active driver’s license
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE)
- Master’s degree in a related field or JD degree
- Experience with planned giving
- Experience with the legal profession or raising funds for legal justice, social justice, or related causes
Benefactor Group is pleased to be assisting the Ohio State Bar Foundation with this search. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. All applications are considered highly confidential. To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Benefactor Group Recruitment Team
To review full job profile visit: http://bit.ly/OSBFDevDir
To learn more about the Ohio State Bar Foundation, visit: https://osbf.org/
To apply for this job email your details to HR@benefactorgroup.com