Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio
The Database Manager plays a key role in the successful operation of an evolving Development Department. The Database Manager is responsible for accurately and efficiently maintaining the integrity of and managing all aspects of the Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio donor database. The candidate should see data as an information tool to help the team achieve success. The incumbent should offer creative and innovative solutions to guide the Development team to new heights acting as a data architect. The Database Manager must be customer service focused, resourceful and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintain the architecture and quality of the donor database and processing standards.
· Advise the Senior Director of Annual Giving and Donor Data and VP of Development on data insights to propel a data-driven fundraising strategy.
· Manage daily operations of the donor database to ensure its effective use in a wide range of development activities.
· Supervise the Data Entry Associate.
· Act as the development expert regarding donor databases and other development-related IT functions and applications; serve as the development liaison with Finance.
· Generate fundraising and revenue reports including, but not limited to, board giving, performance vs. projections, constituency, event, and other ad-hoc reports and queries.
· Generate recurring reports including monthly and quarterly gift detail; contact reports for Development Officers; mailing lists for e-newsletter and calendar distribution, and others.
· Creation and review of external lists, e.g.; invitations, donor lists, lists being used for stewardship activity.
· Responsible for all data manipulation for direct response program, including lists and coding for all online and direct mail effort.
· Create, review, and manage all email lists used for fundraising and advocacy efforts.
· Maintain and continually update best practices, policies, and procedures for the database, data management and all gift processing.
· Train Development staff members in Raiser’s Edge to ensure they are utilizing best practices.
· Supervise the daily gift entry and gift acknowledgement ensuring it is completed in an accurate and timely fashion; act as back-up for daily gift entry when applicable.
· Supervise production of daily batch reports to keep development team apprised of new donations.
· Oversee employees tasked with address changes and processing in Raiser’s Edge; import of NCOA information into Raiser’s Edge; adding new constituent records in Raiser’s Edge.
· Manage monthly, quarterly and annual development revenue reconciliation with Finance; Act as primary development contact for annual audits.
· Identify new prospects and work with Prospect Researcher and gift officers for portfolio assignments and giving circle.
· Other duties as assigned.
Supervises the Data Entry Associate
Five to seven years of relational database experience within a fundraising environment. Raiser’s Edge and Every Action experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
Work independently and collaboratively to accomplish responsibilities, goals and projects.
Be able to work in a deadline driven environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Ability to investigate, analyze, and synthesize large quantities of data into a user-friendly and concise format for the use of the development team.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical users.
Solid understanding of the principles of database management. Experience with donor management software, Raiser’s Edge and Every Action experience preferred.
Proficient in use of Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Word and Excel.
To apply for this job please visit ppoh.hrmdirect.com.