The Salvation Army Greater Cleveland
The Operations Manager assists the Divisional Secretary of Greater Cleveland with administering activities for the Salvation Army of Greater Cleveland.
If you are interested in a rewarding career that brings services to those in need, please consider how your skill set may be utilized to further our mission. Additionally, the benefit package includes 35-hour work weeks, four weeks of vacation, 403B plan, Health benefits, etc. Salary: $45,000/year
1. Responsible to plan, coordinate and lead all the Cuyahoga County Christmas toy drive activities including applications summaries, toy collections and toy distribution. This requires the cultivation and strengthening of relationships with local companies and businesses so as to fill volunteer opportunities.
2. Coordinate communications between staff and advisory board members to facilitate the execution of Advisory Board strategies.
3. Develop and implement strategies to grow current volunteer database and create a volunteer calendar for 5 Corps locations and the greater Cleveland seasonal programs
4. Manage and maintain the affirmative action process for Greater Cleveland. Posting of all job openings, tracking the applications and reports required by Human Resources.
5. Work with the Corporate Development Director to maintain and engage young professions involved in our Echelon Chapter. This includes attendance at Echelon meetings at offsite locations.
6. Coordinate communications between staff and the Divisional Secretary of Greater Cleveland, including scheduling meetings, taking minutes, coordinating events, etc.
7. Supervise the Administrative Assistant
8. Posting of events and stories on social media
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Effective interpersonal skills including excellent written and oral communications
Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
Demonstrates high levels of discretion
Strong relationship building skills
Must be able to occasionally work flexible schedule for special events and initiatives
Be able to represent The Salvation Army with the highest professional and ethical standards
Ability to meet deadlines
Demonstrated Organization skills
Ability to Lead a team to complete seasonal projects
Must have an understanding and appreciation for the mission of The Salvation Army.
You will have an office with free parking near downtown Cleveland. Hands on work will include supervision of special events at various locations including Corps, warehouse, restaurants, banquet halls, parking lots, etc.
Salvation Army Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com