The Development Officer is responsible for the engagement, cultivation and solicitation of potential donors to support the mission of University Hospitals. The main focus of their fundraising efforts is securing gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations at the major gift ($100,000+) level.
- Develop and execute major gift fundraising strategies in alignment with the priorities of University Hospitals to maximize philanthropic results
- Identify, engage, cultivate and solicit prospective donors to University Hospitals
- Effectively lead and ensure alignment of key stakeholders, both internal and external, in support of initiatives, events, campaigns, and special projects
- Appropriately steward assigned donors in alignment with IR&D stewardship policies & protocols
- Meet or exceed annual visitation, solicitation and attainment goals as defined in collaboration with IR&D and University Hospitals
- Engage Administrative Leadership, Physician Staff and Volunteer Leaders (Board) in support of the mission and vision of University Hospitals
- Actively participate in UH IRD development activities
- Lead special projects as assigned and approved by IR&D and UH leadership
Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience & Knowledge:
Three to five years of demonstrated consistent closing of five and six figure gifts or similar experience managing relationships that produce measurable results (i.e. sales experience).
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
Ability and energy to build new fund raising programs. Ability to lead through collaboration/alignment of key stakeholders. Strong team/partnership skills required. Ability to manage a portfolio of high level prospects with a high degree of results. Proficient in Microsoft Office
To apply for this job please visit careers.uhhospitals.org.