The Manager, Prospect Management and Research is responsible for the strategic design, implementation, and ongoing management of a system to track, coordinate, and analyze prospects for special, planned, major, and principal gifts to achieve effective constituent engagement and allow University Hospitals to achieve its fundraising goals. Responsibilities include:
- Lead and provide strategic oversight to the Prospect Management and Research team and functions
- Design and implement systems and provide analysis supporting the assignment of prospect portfolios to fundraisers that are balanced by solicitation stage, philanthropic capacity, propensity, and interest areas
- Work with individual fundraisers and fundraising management, monitor prospects throughout the development cycle to ensure that appropriate strategies are developed and planned action takes place to move prospects
- Conduct analysis of past and current prospect and fundraising activity in support of performance management for fundraisers and the development of pipeline/projection reports for fundraising activity and campaign attainment
- Develop, implement, and manage processes with the prospect research team for identifying and qualifying new prospects for special giving, planned giving, major giving, and principal giving programs
- Design and implement Principal Prospect team solicitation program to cultivate and solicit highly rated ($5M+) prospects
- Create and deliver a comprehensive set of analytical reports on prospect activity for fundraiser performance management, projections and pipeline reporting, and other functions of Institutional Relations & Development
- Establish and maintain appropriate policies and procedures governing the movement of prospects through the development cycle and the utilization of systems to track essential prospect management information
- Provide training for IRD and other staff in the use of systems for data collection and management, reporting, and analysis tools for prospect management information
- Audit compliance of IRD and other staff with established policies, procedures, and protocols
- Recruit and retain top talent and establish, nourish and promote a workplace environment that fosters collaboration, respect and the pursuit of excellence
Bachelors Degree required, Advanced Degree preferred.
Experience & Knowledge:
5- 7 years of development experience including direct fundraising, prospect management, analysis, and reporting; 5+ years supervisory experience preferred; Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment with little or no supervision. Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication and organization skills are a must. Ability to plan, execute and evaluate highly effective goals, programs and projects; Highest levels of professionalism, diplomacy, independent discretion in decision making matters, and confidentiality are essential.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
Demonstrated effectiveness in designing systems to manage prospect portfolios and activity across an organization Extensive knowledge of Raiser’s Edge fundraising software preferred; Working knowledge of fundraising software, Microsoft Office software
To apply for this job please visit careers.uhhospitals.org.