Western Reserve Historical Society
RESPONSIBILITY: The Advancement Manager reports to the Senior Vice President of Development and assists with the day-to-day operations of the Advancement Department.
CLASSIFICATION: This position is full-time professional position and is non-exempt from overtime compensation.
SUPERVISION: Volunteers as assigned.
1. Provides Support to the Advancement Department to sustain and enhance both annual unrestricted income and targeted support for strategic institutional priorities.
2. Provides support to the Senior Vice President of Advancement and CEO to coordinate fundraising activities for WRHS with current and prospective individual donors including identifying prospective donors and setting meetings for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
3. Supports the Senior Vice President of Advancement with the screening and cultivation of prospective Annual Fund donors through outreach, prospect cultivation and solicitation. Responsibilities include: conducting research on individual prospects to grow donor prospect database, screening and cultivating prospects and current WRHS donors, managing a call process to facilitate outreach and solicitation.
4. Assists the Senior Vice President of Advancement to coordinate fundraising activities with corporate prospects including identification of corporate prospects. Responsibilities include: conduct research on corporate prospects to grow corporate donor base, cultivate prospects and current WRHS donors, and manage a process to facilitate outreach and solicitation. Serves as lead person on the annual 100 Year Club induction event.
5. Works as a team member of the Development Department, assisting with all general fundraising efforts included, but not limited to, special events and fundraising campaigns. Lead on the two annual appeals and Giving Tuesday.
6. Perform additional tasks as assigned. Help occasionally with weekend or evening events.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate must have an undergraduate degree. Professional experience should include at least two years of Advancement work with a nonprofit organization, preferably a museum or other cultural institution, with proven experience in database management. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is a plus. Must possess strong communication skills, both in speaking and writing, and demonstrate excellent organization skills with attention to detail. Must have the ability to problem-solve and multitask under tight deadlines and multitask. Should be outgoing, creative and resourceful. Maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, donors and staff. Must maintain donor confidentiality at all times. The ability to work in a positive team-oriented environment, but also function autonomously is essential. Some nights/weekend hours are required.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Jennifer Dukes at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org