Greater Cleveland Chapter Benefits
- AFP in the CLE – Chapter news, events and more.
- Professional Development – Access to continuing education opportunities offered locally and nationally. Members receive discounts on registration fees and local programs.
- Scholarships – Available for professional development, dues, travel expenses, etc. Click here for scholarship procedures and criteria.
- Education Sessions – An opportunity to network with each other while learning about current issues in the fundraising profession through keynote speakers and panel presentations.
- Webinars – A series of 90-minute programs on topics requested from the AFP Fundraising Resource Center. Available for download from the AFP Greater Cleveland Chapter website.
- Mentoring Program – Opportunities to gain professional insight from senior AFP members, through mentoring relationships.
- Member’s Night – Free networking and social event.
- Job Placement and Career Development – Structured networking opportunities to help members locate new positions in the field.
- Best Benefits Club – Members of the AFP Greater Cleveland chapter receive hundreds of discounts through Best Benefits Club. Playhouse Square productions, Cavs games, AMC, Cinemark and Regal movie tickets, hotel rooms across the country, automobile sales and service, and cell phone service from Sprint and T-Mobile are just a few of the great discounts available. Visit www.bbcmember.com for complete information. A password is needed in order to log in to the website. Members should call the AFP Greater Cleveland chapter office at 216-696-1613 to receive the password.
International Affiliation Benefits
- AFP Information Exchange – Each week, AFP publishes two new papers highlighting the knowledge and experience that only your colleagues can provide. Click here for more information.
- Advancing Philanthropy – AFP’s highly acclaimed bi-monthly magazine examines issues facing fundraisers and the philanthropic process.
- Resource Center – By calling 1-800-688-FIND, members have access to more than 3,200 reference works on various fundraising topics – for free.
- International Conference – The conference brings nearly 4,000 fundraising professionals together to discuss, teach, and learn about new development issues every spring.
- Legislative and Regulatory Issues – AFP monitors legislative and regulatory issues that affect fundraising and philanthropy and keeps members informed through legislative updates and action alerts.
- Professional Advancement – The International office offers a variety of courses for all levels of development professionals.
- AFP’s Web site – A variety of resources available to its members including: AFP membership directory, information and research, directory of consultants and resource partners, job openings and much more (www.afpglobal.org).