COVID-19 Policy Update (September 24, 2021)
AFP Greater Cleveland is following the Association of Fundraising Professionals Guidelines for in person events.
In July 2021, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provided updated guidelines stating that “COVID-19 vaccination remains the most effective means to achieve control of the pandemic” and advising that people who live in high-transmission communities wear masks in indoor public spaces, even if they’ve been vaccinated. Per those guidelines and holding safety of our staff and attendees in the highest regard, AFPGC National Philanthropy Day on November 5th will require all participants, including speakers/presenters, to be fully vaccinated (with proof of full vaccination required), a signed waiver and always masked when indoors if not eating or drinking.
For more information and/or further updates, please check back here; or if you are already registered for the event, we will contact you via email with critical updates.
- Is AFP allowed to do this, legally or otherwise? Yes.
- Will NPD speakers/presenters be required to be vaccinated, as well? Yes.
- What if an attendee has just one shot of the two required for full vaccination? We require participants to be fully vaccinated. At this time, booster shots will not be required.
- How can an attendee show proof of vaccination, and how will that information be stored/handled? We will have more details soon and will contact registrants via email to confirm proof of vaccination.
- What if an attendee has a medical or religious exemption the precludes them from receiving full vaccination? Please contact us with any questions or requests regarding a medical or religious exemption.
- What if a registrant cannot meet the vaccination requirement? We will provide a full refund for those already registered but who cannot meet the vaccination requirement.
- Will there be a virtual option for AFPGC NPD? Yes
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org